I-485 Approved In Tampa

believer

Registered Users (C)
Finally me and my wife got approved at Tampa office on 8/27/03 after a quick interview. Here is my case and interview detail.
Case was transfered from TSC. No reason known even after interview. Only thing I can think of is my wife's different last name. Its just a guess from our interview which involved establishing our relationship. Even though this is not a family based petition.

ND 4/15/01, EB1 Category, country other.
Ist FP 2/15/02
2nd FP 8/12/03
Three AP and Three EAD on different ocassions. One of them was done in local office.
Case was transfered on 7/18/02 to local office. Never received a letter from Texas or Tampa. Only online status showed it.

We received appointment letter 3 weeks ago. Our appointment was at 10:00AM for me and 10:30AM for my wife. We got there with our attorny at 9:40AM and dropped our appointment letters in the slot. We were called in together at 11:40. Officer was courteous and friendly and took us to his room and offered us seats and opened our file and asked for passports, and I-94 and asked me to convince him that she is my wife, I offered him our joint tax returns for previous two years , he looked over them and asked for one more proof which was our joint bank statement. He looked for medicals and found them which were expired he did not ask for new ones. We had new ones anyway, Than he took our Ap documents and put everything in file. He did not ask for EAD. He subsequently stamped our passports and appologised for delay, and took us in different room for right index fingerprinting and signature for actual green card. Whole process took only 5-10 minutes. Attorny did not participate in conversation. My stamped is good for two years and officer said actual green cards comes in six months. Whole process was a pleasant experiance . I hope others will get there interview soon. Good luck. If any question, I'll be happy to answer.