I 485 approved and questions

nscnohope

Registered Users (C)
My I485 was approved and have to go for stamping. Can someone explain me the process.
I have received the courtesy copy of approval and my lawyer has got the original. Can i go to stamping with my courtesy copy or do i need the original ?
Should take the I-89 form ?
I have an Immigration photo taken at the time of filing of I485. Should i take a new one or is that enough ? The application says that i have to take one within 30 days ? Is it reqd ?
Do i need an appointment in Charlotte, NC ?
Any help appreciated .

procedure for stamping

following documents required for stamping

I-485 approval
All EAD cards
ALL AP (if you have)
2-Recent pictures (instructions shown in approved notice)(with in one month)
I-94 card

Note: some local INS will accept courtesy approval notices

No Title

Hi, detroit_based, heard that you have already had your PP stamped in detroit INS office.
Could you share more your experience in Detroit INS office with us?

1. When did you arrive there, what time in a day is good. And how many people was there when you arrived.
2. How much time did you spend there totally including waiting time, how much time excluding waiting time.
3. Did the officer ask explicitly the photos taken in past 30 days. With your guess, using photos same as ones used for 485, which was taken about a year ago before 485 filed obviously, is ok or not. What if the photos are older than 30 days, denied or not?
4. Did they ask for EAD and AP explicitly? With your guess, what if you didn\'t bring them with you that time, denied or not?
5. Any other question did they ask you?

Appreciate a lot.