flywash

Registered Users (C)
We are from country C.

PD 08/06/04: I-140/I-485 EB2 NIW
I-140 AD 09/06/05
I-485 AD 09/22/05 for me, CARD received 09/27/05
I-485 RFE for my wife 09/22/05
I-485 RFE for my wife RD 09/28/05
I-485 approval for my wife 10/03/05, card ordered.

Best luck to everyone!

guldukan said:
Congradulations!, what is Country C means, were you effected by the latest retro?

C = CHINA. Because in another thread, somebody assigned a single letter for each of the four countries that are affected by the Retrogression. But now I am not sure how severe the retrogression will affect people who filed 485 before 10/1/05.

Oh! so you are an EB-2 from China with PD 08/06/04....

If I'm correct, according to the current visa PD's China's PD is 01/MAY/00 so you were "supposed" to be affected by retrogression therefore your I495 in "theory" should not have been approved....

Hey everybody.... I believe that the theories about BCIS manipulating the PD's to close the door to new I485 applications and that after Oct 1 they would continue adjudicating the way they were before the visa unavailability are starting to prove correct. This is adjudicating applications regardles PDs.

Congratulations flywash..... and thanks so much for sharing your info.

Last edited by a moderator:
is this true?

I happened to meet an immigration lawyer in Michigan. He said that it will take another 5 years to adjudicate my case, Is that true? I will die man.....

EB3 - India.
Priority Date: September 12, 2002
140&485 filed: October 29, 2003
140 approved: May 02, 2005

ecuellaro said:

If I'm correct, according to the current visa PD's China's PD is 01/MAY/00 so you were "supposed" to be affected by retrogression therefore your I495 in "theory" should not have been approved....

Hey everybody.... I believe that the theories about BCIS manipulating the PD's to close the door to new I485 applications and that after Oct 1 they would continue adjudicating the way they were before the visa unavailability are starting to prove correct. This is adjudicating applications regardles PDs.

It is amazing how the human mind can justify something when it wants to believe it :D I believe C stands for "Current" :) This has to be a mistake by an immigration officer. A good mistake though :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Green.... Actually flywash mentioned above that "C" stands for CHINA.

I also thought at first sight that it was for current.

ecuellaro said:
Mr Green.... Actually flywash mentioned above that "C" stands for CHINA.

I also thought at first sight that it was for current.

Well, I beleive the C confusion started due to our recent sticky thread wherein it is requested to write C for CHina while reporting the country.

Flywash case is exceptional as His was approved much before oct 1, 2005. His spouse got this approval after oct 1, 2005.

I beleive retor is still efecctive. So far I haven't seen any approval of date later to retrogressed dates. i will be more than happy to see such mistakes from service centers.

ecuellaro said:

APP KE MOO ME GHEE SHAKKAR....wish that your words will come true

experts - please advise...

Since my wife was born in Sri Lanka, I thought to pursue my case using
"Cross Chargeablility". When I asked my lawyer she said that we should have
done this while applying 485 itself.
When I asked some other lawyer he says, we could write to the CIS (and provide Form G-28) and birth certificate and explain that your case should be adjudicated earlier.
What should I do?
If anyone knew about "cross chargeability" please advise. I'm the primary applicant and my wife is dependent.

EB3 - India.
Biometric: August 13, 2005.

skp19722003 said:
I happened to meet an immigration lawyer in Michigan. He said that it will take another 5 years to adjudicate my case, Is that true? I will die man.....

EB3 - India.

Don't die man, all you have to do is get really efficient with the process of renewing your EAD and Advanced Parole :D When life gives you lemon, make some lemonade :D

skp19722003 said:

Well die all we must ... GC or no GC..

5 years will be an optimistic answer ... if U are to stand in the country quota too ... Unless the state department does something .. all we are and can do just GO EAD over and over again..

The easier thing that USCIS can do is to make EAD and AP valid for 5 years ... let the state department do whatever with the cut-off date etc ... who cares GC is for 10 years anyways and one has to renew it after that...

Instead of asking senators and congressman to accelerate the process ... or increase the visa numbers ... ask them to increase the validity of EAD to 5 years ... I think they can get this passed easily than getting extra visa numbers etc..

I would live with EAD .. who cares even if my PD becomes current after 10 years ...

what do U think guys ..
we can spend better time around .. instead of visting this forum which only helps to build more stress ..

Goood luck n good night.

Totally agree with eBhola

I totally agree with ebhola. By increasing the validity of EAD and Advance Parole to 5 years, we actually will have a lot of peace.

Plus, the congress wont mind it.

This seems like a wonderful solution to me. Its like getting a green card.