I-485 approvals not as fast as priority date movement

damascus

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

It has been about 3 weeks since my case became current on Feb, 1 but am still waiting for I-485 approval. (I do not know name check is complete, still trying to get info)

Come March 1, the EB2 priority date moves to 01JAN02 (from 01AUG01 which moved from 01JAN01) and technically USCIS should approve cases with PD between 01JAN01 and 01AUG01 in the Month of February, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS NOT HAPPENING. Offcourse, the only way I know approvals are coming are those reported by members here which are may be 1 or 2.

I am not sure why they are moving PDs at fast pace without approving eligible cases. It is just so that people with current PDs can apply for I-485. I guess these should be very few.

What do you think?

Don't wait . Open an inquiry for your case as both the PD and RD is past your dates .

Atleast they will reply back in a week about your case status . This inquiry will atleast get your file out .

Many of us are unable to even open inquiry as our PD is not current . You definitely go ahead with it .

Good luck .

When did you apply for I485?

The key now is to make them open your case files.
- Call and open inquiry as IPC said
- contact you senator with case details. They will contact USCIS to see what happened.

I put in an inquiry with the USCIS last week when my RD became current (PD became current a couple of months ago)

They sent me an email the next day stating that my case would be reviewed as soon as an officer is available. Now, thats a new response I've never seen before.

I'll be writing to my senator this weekend and will attach a copy of the email response from USCIS.

rohiniw said:
I put in an inquiry with the USCIS last week when my RD became current (PD became current a couple of months ago)

They sent me an email the next day stating that my case would be reviewed as soon as an officer is available. Now, thats a new response I've never seen before.

I'll be writing to my senator this weekend and will attach a copy of the email response from USCIS.

I also (actually my GC lawyer) put an inquiry about a week ago and the USCIS agent took the details of self and dependents and gave a reference number. And said we should receive a letter with status information within 30 days or else can call back with the reference number. So far nothing happened :mad:

same situation with me.
My PD and I-485 dates are current. (see my signature)

still I havent heard anything.

I think I will give USCIS a call. Not that I have great hopes.