I-485 approvals and the special registeration countries.

takeanumber

Registered Users (C)
Are there any I-485 approvals from the special registeration countries recently, Please respond. Iran Pakistan Bangladesh etc.

My case details:

Notice Date: Oct 11, 2000
Catagory: Employment based
I-140 approved 1999
1st Finger Prints Dec 2000
Second set of FP Jan 03, 2003
Did special registeration: Jan 2003
Fingerprints updated: Jan 23, 2003
3 EAD's and 3 AP approved.

If any Special Registeration countries cases approved please let us know. My Lawyer said he did not have any approvals for Spec Reg countries. What is going on.

you should call 800 number

whatever be the situation, you should have been decided.
Please call 800 number, congressman, and send written letters to INS.

As may01 said
Your options are
Call the 800 number and Write the letter to your local Congressman and Senator.
I am sure they are going to help u out.
Mention the current process date in your letter.
Good luck

i'm from special registration country and i got approved early last month from another service center. my point is if nebraska is processing AOS cases from SR countries, then there is no freeze against SR applicants in particular.

However, i did write to my senators who may have helped in my case since their officescalled and informed me of my approcal two weeks after it was updated in the online form.

Thank you very much for the response. Deptydawg you mentioned you contacted your senator/copngressman, can you giove me more information anybody in perticular I should contact or how you get the information who to contact. Thanks

every state sends two senators to washington. you need to contact the senators from your own state because they have a vested interest in helping you (i.e. you will spread the word in your community that X senator helped you, eventually, you will get citizenship and you as well as your whole family will be grateful to that particular political party).

You can find out who your senators are and how to contact them at senate.gov it will give you the mailing addresses, phone numbers, physical office address in the home state etc. Although another member in this forum suggested that one should actually show up at the local office of these senators and speak to a staffer in person. I thought writing a letter was a better way because it leaves a paper trail. I think the best way is to write first and then show up after a couple of weeks and speak to someone face to face.