I-485 Approval waiting

mayavi

Registered Users (C)
I had filed my I-485 case with Texas service center in Aug 2000. It is almost an year now. Does any one have any idea when will these cases will be approved. Processing times say they are processing July 99 cases but I see cases of March/April 2000 being approved. I am in the EB2 Category. Any inputs will be appreciated

No Title

Mayakkan Mayavi,
Your will be approved on Monday. Go party!!!!!!!

Get real. No one knows the answer. Wait is 10 to 24 months.

No Title

Are into U funny:),I am sweating here to get a some thoughts from folks who filed in the same time frame and you are just on top of it.

No Title

my ND is 7/00.....still waiting. There is no accountability at INS and few people in US Gov. want to deal with aliens......so I guess we continue to suffer while the immigration lawyers continue to make more money. I have tremendous respect for Mr. Khanna for hosting this website...

No Title

Sounds like you are still waiting approval! Did you re-new your Advance Parole and EAD. I have just send the papers for re-newal of both since the first ones will expire in 2 months. Thanks for sharing the info.

No Title

I am in the same boat as you are. I applied back in aug 2000. almost an year. I applied for both ead and ap a month and half back. still waiting for approval.............if any body, who got their ead, please post their experience. thank you

No Title

applied for EAD and AP renewal about 2 months ago. still waiting... Friends let us know if any of you gets renewal EAD. Have you posted your info on myladoor\'s immitracker. If not I encourage you to do so. He has really done a great job.

No Title

HI Guys:

I filed my I-485 in December 99 and am still waiting. The TSC seems have sunk to new depths in inefficiency and irresponsibility. Wonder what those neanderthals at the center do all day. Why is it that the date has not moved forwrd in months. My details are as follows:
Country: India, EB-3, ND 12/99, FP Approved April 2000. I have sent faxes to TSC several times, called the senoator\'s office, keep receiving the same "still processing 7/99" response. Can I change my employers now and if so, what is it that I need to do from paperwork point of view. Gurus, please advise.

Thanx
Satya

No Title

My PD is 5/97 and applied 485 in 8/99 (EB3 India). Waiting for my 3rd EAD. Did 2 FPs !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have to do the finger printing again.

I did my figer printing in last October 2000. Will I have to do the finger printing again, if so do you know probably when you will have to do it again. Your expericence will be helpfull

No Title

IT IS FUNNY - there are folks who filed in JULY \'99 that are still waiting - and you filed a full year after them.......so don\'t start the sweating right now......:))

Good Luck though........!!

No Title

Satya,
I am exactly in the same situation - except that I got laid off and was forced to change jobs, but that was a full year after I filed for AOS..............I filed in Dec. 99 too, sent faxes, spoke with the IIOs - all to no avail......am still waiting.

As for the paperwork point of view - when I do get my approval (if it happens in this century), I will take a letter of employment from my present employer and go for my stamping.........that\'s what I am thinking right now - unless some new rule comes about and changes all that.

This is JUST my idea - not to be considered legal advice of any sorts!!

GUYS: PLEASE READ THIS...AND RESPOND

HI Guys:

There is a message from one GHYCD..or someone.. who got laid off and he had a question. felt bad reading his message... please do respond to his querry...he applied for his I-485 and got laid off... was enduring about the 6-month rule. I spoke to my lawyer about this issue and she said that its not known as to how the INS is looking at this issue with massive layoffs in the IT industry withstanding. Although the law has been passed.. it seems that those STINKING NEANDERTHALS still haven come out with the exact interpretations even after a full 6 months since the new laws have been passed. After all, TSC still might be a LALOO LAND...

GUYS: PLEASE READ THIS...AND RESPOND

HI Guys:

There is a message from one GHYCD..or someone..who got laid off and he had a question. felt bad reading his message...please do respond to his querry...he applied for his I-485 and got laid off...was enquiring about the 6-month rule. I spoke to my lawyer about this issue and she said that its not known as to how the INS is looking at this issue with massive layoffs in the IT industry withstanding. Although the law has been passed..it seems that those STINKING NEANDERTHALS still havent comeout with the exact interpretations evena after a full 6 months since the new laws have been passed. After all, TSC still might be a LALOO LAND...

Tired and waiting: hang in there my friend: read my story

Hang in there my friend...dont know what to believe in and who to turn to...i tried everything...faxes to TSC, senator\'s office...the response from senator\'s office.." you have to exhibit more patience than you have done so far" DUH...19 months and talk about patience..calls, faxes, ....nothing matters with TSC anymore....one more thing...I asked the immigration case worker if she can make a call from their office regarding my case...and she said that TSC had asked them not to enquire about any cases unless it is a LIFE AND DEATH matter...meaning...unless someone\'s life is in jeopardy if he/she doesnt get a green card....SEE HOW RIDICULOUS THIS WHOLE SYSTEM HAS BECOME...no accountability, no responsibility..utterly rude, callous...

called my lawyer to se if I can do anything...she replied in the same tone...If i can change employers at this stage...she says: No one knows how INS is looking at such issues...ITS A CASE BY CASE BASIS...nobody has come out with hard and fast rules about these things so far...

sucks to say the least...

If you have completed 180 days since filing 485, GO AHEAD AND CHANGE JOB !!!

Don\'t give a rat ass to what your lawyer says (apparantly most lawyers are pretty much twisted fucks, I am glad I have a real good one !)

Read INS policy memo in this regard. If the new job is in same description and responsibilities, you are safe !

Filed in 485 in Apr\' 00

I filed it in Apr\'00 ... for some damn reason it went to CSC and then back to TSC and now AVM says RD:Jun\'00 .... No sign of AP yet ... Keep your fingers crossed !!!! Nothing much we can do about it !!!

Chech this ---Laid off after filing I-485

Found this in Murthy chat
Chat User : What if one loses job just after filing I-485 and EAD/AP? Is it legal to stay here and look for another Job?

Attorney Murthy : Yes, once I-485 is filed, the person is considered in valid status, so one can look for another job. With AC21 now, if the INS does not adjudicate the case within 180 days the person can also get GC with the already filed I-485, based upon similar job offer from another employer.

i am sorry, you have been waiting sooooo long

what can i say

PD5/98
RD 9/99
FP 6/00
APPLIED FOR 3rd EAD and waiting for both 485 and EAD approvals

thanks