I-485 approval delayed due to screw up by INS in I-140

Kanderi

Registered Users (C)
EB1/ND July 12th/India/ EAC-00-219-xxxxx. INS approved my I-140 and wrongly forwarded to national Visa center last year. I called last week to check on my I-485 and came to know that Vermont officer asked National visa center to send back my I-140.One of my friend is also in similar situation and he is EB-1/ ND June/india. Any one else in the same situation?. Please check your I-140 approval copy.

No Title

I think it\'s mentioned in the I140 where should it be forwarded. And depending upon that it goes to destination. Mine was also same case. But then I was able to file 485 May be lawer made it that way and not the INS.
Typicaly my company does it that way so that Applying 485 is delayed.

I140 to NVC

I just checked my I140 approval notice and it also says that the petition is forwarded to NVC. I filed for 485 in Jan 2001 and got EAD and AP. I completed FP in May 2001.
Since I was concern about this matter, I posted a message about 485 and Consular Processing. Some one (I am sorry I forgot the name of the person) replied and told me not to worry.

Details
EB1 INDIA
I485 ND: Jan 2001
FP: May 2001
Thanks
PAEB1

Relax ...

It is normal that they might not have recieved you I140 back from NVC, the NVC might have sent to your home consulate, so the
transfer will take some time. I went thru the same situation and my approval was delayed by alleast 2 months. you could do nothing
about it but just keep calling IIO and remind them that you are waiting for a long time.

good luck

My I140 also sent to NVC

I went for final interview on July. The officer asked for document whatever she needed and took Finger Print, finally she looked for I140 it was missing. Then she said it was sent NVC by misstake.

Coulds please give more info what is next.

No Title

I checked all the input documents filed by my lawyer and it is not my lawyer or company mistake and in fact I checked with other friends I-140 petiotion word for word and it is the same. My lawyer did the same for all of us and it is INS which did this. I do not know your case. But please note there is no problem in filing I-485, it is the approval time which gets delayed if your I-140 approval copy goes to NVC( National Visa center)

kanderi, how did you find this out

Did you check your I-140 papers only or did the IIO also confirmed this to you. does IIO have this info that I-140 papers have ben requested for and not yet available ?? I mean , how did you cross confirm this with INS .

I checked with my Laywer

I also exactly had the same case. Last year when my I-140 got approved it had the same message. I called my Lawyer and she told me we don\'t have to worry about. After that we filed I-485 and in May 2001 I got FP and EAD(last year too). But in July I got a packet 3.51 from US Consulate. I spoke to my Lawyer and she again insist that we don\'t have to do anything.
Can you please advice what should I do now. I haven\'t call INS yet and that\'s what I thinking now to do.

No Title

I called IIO to check on my I-485 status and was told that they have requested and waiting for I-140 approved copy from NVC/consulate etc., but they did not admit as their mistake and told me that my Lawyer might have indicated wrongly that I-485 will be delt in India, in my petition. Then I verified the I-140 approval copy and compared to other friends and called my lawyer, who later confirmed that I-140 approval gone to NVC as the main issue. Actually it is not my lawyer error.

Same Situation As Yours

I too discovered that my approved I-140 was send to National Visa Center and they had my name spelt wrong. The IIO I spoke to about 2 months ago advised me to send in a copy of my approved I-140 and indicate that this I-140 be linked to my case. I\'ve done that, but am now waiting to see what happens. My I-485 was initially filed in January 2000, but when I changed employers we refiled (this is prior to 245(i)) in October 2000. Got my fingers crossed!

When it happened to you

Could you tell me when it happened to you and how long you are waiting. What is the usual waiting period.

Thanks

No Title

I am in a similar situation as all of you guys (ND/00), i.e. I-140 approved for consular. But in my case, i called the NVC and they said they have not received the I-140 approval from the INS. Is such a scenario possible? Would the INS hold back the approval of
 I-140 if they discover that i have applied for I-485?