I-485 Applications Pending for entire family??? - Important Information

sriram aravas

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I would like to share with the discussion board about pending I-485 applications in CSC center
specifically where children under 14 years of age are included as dependent applicants. I know of a few of my
friend\'s cases where FPs have been issued to the children. Although the FP notice clearly asks applicants to
disregard such notices because they are under 14 years, the entire set of applications for the family has
been put on HOLD pending the receipt of these FPs. These cases will be on hold indefinitely unless there
is a manual intervention either via attorney or by calling IIO.

I believe my case is also in this category and I am going to follow up with my attorney on this.
I filed for my I-485 in EB-2 category in October 2000 with my family, got my FPs done by end January 2001
and still waiting for approval. I recd FP notices for children and disregarded it.
I spoke to IIOs couple of times (before I knew about all this) and everytime I was
told the case is pending.

Thanks
Sriram

No Title

Thanks for sharing this info Sriram Aravas.

Unfortunately I have to admit that this is a likely scenario :-(

No Title

I got my approval without to do my child\'s FP. I never spoke to an IIO about this. But no harm in confirming your doubts with INS. I would tell better write to them through the inquiry form.

ND 1/5/01;FP 3/13/01;Final Approval May 1

No Title

Hi Bean
You are right. No need to do child FPs. But in case INS erroneously issues one it puts everything on hold until
somebody manually corrects the error.

Thanks
Sriram

No Title

Do it through the Inquiry form. INS has to respond to you in writing. +vly they will correct their mistake.

No Title

My daughter was just two months less than 14 years of age and she got FP notice. I did FP for her. I don\'t know about this ignoring FP stuff.
All of our stuff got approved and PPs stamped in January 01.
Our RD of I-485 was in August 00 and FPs in Nov, 00.

No Title

Did you receive the FP notice for your child/children? I received the FP notice for my kids (4 and 2 years old).
I returned the FP notices to INS as instructed by my lawyer. Have anyone done similarly and got his/her approval?

Thanks,
wifeontn.
EB3 (Other), CSC, ND: 01/26/01 FP: 3/11/01 (scheduled: 3/22/01)

No Title

Hm, I simply disregarded FP notices for small children (significantly less that 14). The notices specifically instruct you on this procedure and I also called the toll-free number on the notices with same response: disregard the notices.

Last week I asked my lawyer to fax case inquiry to INS. I will keep you posted with progress.

ND 12/x/00. FP adults done on 04/03/01 (scheduled 04/04/01).

Good luck!

No Title

Hi Sriram,

So what is the status of your Fp issue.How have you handled the issue of your children receiving the Fp notices.Please keep us informed.

Thanks
Sajan

No Title

Where do I get the inquiry form?
Does it have to be submitted by an attorney?

Help appreciated !!!

RD 12/26/01 ND 1/9/01 WAC-01-072-xxxxx, FP 3/8/01 EAD and AP 2/26/01

No Title

Hi Sajan
I spoke to an IIO last week and informed him that my kids were issued FP notices
and we ignored (since they are less than 14 years of age). He has made note of that
in the system. I also urged my attorney to fax a letter to INS on this.

My application is still pending with INS as of today (ND 10/2000).

Sriram

No Title

Hi, sriram aravas, thank you. In my former message (http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?50@@.ef3cee9/7), I just forgot your name. I guess maybe you are right. If you received the FP notice for very young children, it was possible there was something wrong with the child\'s birthdate in there system (if the FP notice is really produced automatically). If that was not corrected, they will wait for the child\'s FP result instead of updating the information. Thus, your case will be delayed. Till some time later, they feel strange (both parents\' FP are good while the child\'s FP is not received for long time) about it, and check it again. The above is just what I guess. But no hurt if you let them double check it.

Thanks again. You all will get your cases approved soon.

csc109