I-485 and medical examination

debby11

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys!

I need some advise!

I passed my citizenship interview couple weeks ago and i've got my Oath Ceremony for next week! I'm really happy, because i'm getting marry next month and my boyfriend could apply for GC. I have a question though, we're planning our ceremony in the beginning of June, after that we could apply for Adjustment of status for him I-485. Is it possible for him to do the medical examination (that is required for I-485) before the wedding to safe the time???? We want to submit all the papers right after the wedding and go away for the honeymoon...

Thanks a lot in advance !

Your medical exam is fine, but be careful if your honeymoon is out of the country.

If you file I-485 after the wedding and haven't received your I-131 advanced parole yet, your 485 app could be considered abandoned if you travel out of the country for your honeymoon.

Also, if your fiance is on a tourist or similar "temporary" visa, he could be denied re-entry upon returning from your honeymoon due to immigrant intent.

Many honeymooners with pending USCIS apps go to USVI or Hawaii to avoid these issues.

-ML

5/13/08 - Parent I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 mailed to Chicago Lockbox
waiting on reply...