I-485 and EAD 4

chics

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I started my GC in July 2002 and filed I-485 in July 2003.

Till now i applied for 4 EAD's and 4 Travel documents and got approved.

My question is :

1 ) On Recent EAD Card( 4th EAD ) , they printed small letters(Te) below the 'NAME', these letters are not on previous all 3 EAD's. Could any one has same situation, if so What it means.?

2 ) 3 months before I called Customer service to update my home address and asked for my I-485 status. For that INS replied with the updated address letter, in that letter they mentioned that now a days they are doing additional checks. My application is one of those additional checks..

Any idea about these Additional checks?

How many days it will take.?

I appreciate for any suggestions.

Probably you are stuck in namecheck!

chics said:
Hi All,

I started my GC in July 2002 and filed I-485 in July 2003.

Till now i applied for 4 EAD's and 4 Travel documents and got approved.

My question is :

1 ) On Recent EAD Card( 4th EAD ) , they printed small letters(Te) below the 'NAME', these letters are not on previous all 3 EAD's. Could any one has same situation, if so What it means.?

2 ) 3 months before I called Customer service to update my home address and asked for my I-485 status. For that INS replied with the updated address letter, in that letter they mentioned that now a days they are doing additional checks. My application is one of those additional checks..

Any idea about these Additional checks?

How many days it will take.?

I appreciate for any suggestions.

It looks like you may be stuck in FBI name check. It is hard to predict as to how many days it would take! Please refer to the attached file in the following
thread for more info on namecheck
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=215932
Good luck to you,
Toxsci

Ead 4

Any one has the same situation like fine letters (Te) below the 'NAME' on EAD....?