I-485 already aproved -- AC21 not invoked yet

anilmani

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 got approved on 11/8/2006 after waiting for more than a year.
I changed employment after 8 months of pending I-485 and approved I-140. I never informed INS about the Job change and no rfe was issued in my case.
My job is similar and getting 10K more than the previous wage.

Do I need to inform INS now? What will happen in future?
My sponsoring employer never withdrew the approved I-140 as I promised him, I will come back after GC approval, which I still want to do.
But things might change tomorrow, never know.
Anything I need to do to be on safer side.

Help is appreciated.

anilmani said:
My I-485 got approved on 11/8/2006 after waiting for more than a year.
I changed employment after 8 months of pending I-485 and approved I-140. I never informed INS about the Job change and no rfe was issued in my case.
My job is similar and getting 10K more than the previous wage.

Do I need to inform INS now? What will happen in future?
My sponsoring employer never withdrew the approved I-140 as I promised him, I will come back after GC approval, which I still want to do.
But things might change tomorrow, never know.
Anything I need to do to be on safer side.

Help is appreciated.

The general concensus is that you don't/can't use AC21 *after* AOS approval. It happened to me and I'm now filing for citizenship. I'll let
you know what happens.

thanks, I went through this thread reading several post.
and my understanding is, AC21 law as such does not require you to send any notifications.
By changing the job after 6 months of pending I-485, one is considered to have invoked AC21 already and if your case gets aproved after that your new employer is supposed to be your new GC sponsor, at least that's what my understanding is after reading several posts.

thanks

Obongo said:
The general concensus is that you don't/can't use AC21 *after* AOS approval. It happened to me and I'm now filing for citizenship. I'll let
you know what happens.

I'm in a Dilemma now!!

Even my I-485 has been pending for about 8 months now and it has been more than a year since my I-140 been approved. At the moment I'm considering a change of job on AC-21 portability.

My I-485 notice date is 02/27/2006.

But right now VSC USCIS website is showing the I-485 processing date as 02/15/2006. So, let us say if I change the company over the next 15 days and my I-485 petition gets approved even before I inform USCIS about my job change, what happens then? Do you guys see any problem with this scenario? :confused:

I'm in a big dilemma now... Gurus, please help me.