I-485, AC-21 and case transferred to San Diego

desicowboy

Registered Users (C)
Will appreciate if you can shed some light.

My case :
PD - 07/2000
RD - 12/2001 (TSC)
ND - 12/2001 (TSC)
changed employer - 05/2003 (> 180 days).
New employer in San Diego
Moved to San Diego - 05/2003
FP - 07/2003
TD - 03/2004 (shown online)
AD - ??

I saw following online message ::
"On March 17, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in SAN DIEGO, CA for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in SAN DIEGO, CA will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case."

Qs

1) What are the possible reasons, they need to transfer my case to San Diego local office? They could have transferred my case to local office in Tx as well.

2) In normal scenario, what will happen next? whether I will be called for interview for sure or there is any other possibility? and how long it will take?

3) what is the worst case scenario?

4) I checked SD local office web site. it mentions that it is processing June 2003 cases. Is this transfer date or the date I485 was filed?

5) What are the pros and cons of them moving my case to San Dieog? (execpt it saving me airfare to Dallas, where it started)

6) what are the things I will have to take care from now on?

Thanks!

Just guessing...

I think the reason may be that your residence address is in San Diego.

Based on my experinence on these boards, it is mostly a good thing. As SD is processing June 2003 cases (ND or RD), your case would be approved on priority.

So you will get approved soon.

Good luck!

Thanx, StuckInTx

Thanks for the response.

Did you have to appear for interview? If so, what they asked? What documents you had to carry? Many thanks

By the way, I checked with my lawyer, she said the date june 2003 for local office don't have to do anything with my case. She said plainly - I should expect to get interview in 1 to few months.

Thanks, again