I-290B Question.

ecuellaro

Registered Users (C)
My I-140 was denied on May 2004 and my lawyer answered on June 25.
I just found that he filled a form to appeal before the AAU (I-290B) instead of filling the form for Motion to Reopen (I-1290A).
My current I-290B message is:

Receipt Number: LIN******

Application Type: I290B, NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER

Current Status:

Your I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER was received on June 25, 2004. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

I'm kind of worry because he did not go for the MTR first. Could you please share your experiences of what can happen next?

both are same. intilally it will review by Service center as MTR .
if there is no change in decision then it will be moved to DC office as appeal.

ecuellaro said:
My I-140 was denied on May 2004 and my lawyer answered on June 25.
I just found that he filled a form to appeal before the AAU (I-290B) instead of filling the form for Motion to Reopen (I-1290A).
My current I-290B message is:

Receipt Number: LIN******

Application Type: I290B, NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER

Current Status:

Your I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER was received on June 25, 2004. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

I'm kind of worry because he did not go for the MTR first. Could you please share your experiences of what can happen next?

question

Akash Sharma said:
Don't worry, I filed I-290B without MTR and approved last month. Check details somewhere in this thread.

Thanks Akash.
I found your details
ND: 8/1/2003
RFE: 1/5/2004
Denied: 5/nn/2004: Educational Ground
Appeal: 6/nn/2004: Submited another education evaluation report
Approved: 8/23/2004

In what day exactly did you appeal? Yor date shows 6/nn/2004....

Thanks.

ecuellaro,

can you please share which service center you filled your appeal in? And what was the exact date?

ecuellaro said:
Thanks Akash.
I found your details
ND: 8/1/2003
RFE: 1/5/2004
Denied: 5/nn/2004: Educational Ground
Appeal: 6/nn/2004: Submited another education evaluation report
Approved: 8/23/2004

In what day exactly did you appeal? Yor date shows 6/nn/2004....

Thanks.

Dont remember exactly but between June 15 and June 25th.

member77 said:
ecuellaro,

can you please share which service center you filled your appeal in? And what was the exact date?

The service center is Nebraska and the exact date of was September 02 2004, concurrent filing.