I-140 thru Labor Substitution

aksh18

What are the requirements for Labor Substitution? Heard that the approved Labor should match the qualifications of the person for whom the I-140 is applied for. Does that mean that the qualifications of the person for whom the labor was approved should match the current person's

Or

whether the minimum qualifications stipulated in the labor certification should match that of the one for whom I-140 is being applied.

For eg: The minimum qual if for Comp Sc, Engineering degree/equivalent. Have a degree in Mech Engg. Any potential problems? Pls advise.

degree equivalency and exp for sub.

For labor substituted I-140, two things have to match

Degree - Computeer Engineering or equivalent
This means if you can satisfy USCIS that your degree is equivalent to Computer Engg. u are OK. Generally Electrical, Electronics, Computer Science are OK. I am not sure about mechanical though. U should talk to a expert lawyer if some equivalency can be proved somehow.

Experience - Your experience should match the experience of the person whose labor u r using. The dates of ur. experience should also match upwards. For e.g. the person holding labor got it in year 2000 and experience was C++, Oracle then u should also have proof showing experience of C++ and Oracle attained before 2000.

Hope this helps.

will_get_there

Labor Substitute

Pl. excuse multi post..since i need to make decision quickly..i dont know which thread will help me. Thxs.

Hello Gurus,

Need your help. Iam in a situation that my company has offered labor substitution and i have question in educatinal qualification. I dont want to take any risk, since this my 5th year in H1.

Labor sub says for education - "BS or foreign equivalent "
major field of study - "comp Sci, Comp Eng or related field"
experience "2 years"

My background - "B.com 3 year degree + 2 years APTECH + 8 years experience"

Above labor was approved in 2000. Do you'll think this will work. Appreciate your great advise.

Thanks,
GC_waiting2Long