I-140 still delayed- been waiting for 375+ days

ron_4678

Registered Users (C)
Hello, I applied for I-140 in february of 2006 in EB3 category, at the TSC. I have upgraded to the premium processing 5 days ago. The processing dates of texas center show august 21, 2006, which is way over my processing date. I don't have any idea what's going on, I sent them a notice and they replied saying they are actively working on my case. That was 2 months ago. Anyone got any suggesstions?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be patient. I filed I-140 on 12/27/05. I upgraded it to premium processing 02/28/07. they approved mine yesterday 03/06/07. It should be your turn next....

to: ron_4678

I really wonder how accurate USCIS's case status site is. It's now showing Sept 13, 2006 for the I-140s, yet I am reading that yours was filed back in Feb 2006, and you just upgraded it 5 days ago to premium on March 1.

My concern is (not to you): USCIS's last month's posting shows they are processing I-140s with Aug 22, 2006 or earlier, yet they STILL didn't process yours. Why should you upgrade yours to premium processing and pay extra when your priority date is WAY passed? Talk to your congressman's office. This is NOT right.

Premium processing

Mine was pending since July 2006. But I see anyone re-apply with $1000 and so called premium processing, then they get first approval. To me it seems like, USCIS compelling us to pay, otherwise wait and wait and wait. This is a good trick to get some money from GC aspirant.

my 1 cent

My case was upgraded to premium processing on 02/28/07 and it's still pending. Is this normal? Please let me know for I am a little bit worried.

I really think you should contact them, as it says you will get a reply within 15days.

As for me, I am still stuck, I also upgraded to PP in the first week of March, and I still have not gotten a reply. When they say then will reply within 15 days, is that 15 days from when you send the application in, or 15 days after they receive it? Because when I check the status of my case online, it doesn't even say that they have recieved my PP. It just says: Case received and pending, just like it has been saying for over a year now.

Any help would be much appreciated.

OK, I am having some really big problems. I sent my PP check for $1000 to the TSC, and they sent the check back to me! They sent a letter along with the check that said that "Your PP request could not be accepted at this time." My attorney said that this is the first time he has seen a case like this, because USCIS never returns back money. Any help would be much appreciated.

OK, I am having some really big problems. I sent my PP check for $1000 to the TSC, and they sent the check back to me! They sent a letter along with the check that said that "Your PP request could not be accepted at this time." My attorney said that this is the first time he has seen a case like this, because USCIS never returns back money. Any help would be much appreciated.

did you hear anything more on why your premium processing was not accepted? did you get to know why your I-140 is still pending?
my I-140 is also pending for more than 17 months now, but ealier it was in CSC and it has been transferred to TSC only in Feb, 2007.

KRA

I contacted USCIS about my case, and they sent me a reply saying that my case was on hold for domestic investigation. Any idea what that means anyone?

I contacted USCIS about my case, and they sent me a reply saying that my case was on hold for domestic investigation. Any idea what that means anyone?

How did you contact them? Did you just call them up, or you sent an (e)mail? Sounds like you sent them a (e)mail because you mention thay sent you a reply - by (e)mail?

KRA

If you find about more about this "domestic investigation" thing, please let me know what it is and if you/ your attorney has any idea about how to go about tackling it. How long has your 140 been pending now?

KRA

My lawyer says that PP is at the discretion of USCIS and they're not obligated to accept it. I'm stuck with "regular" I-140 (eb2) for 8 months now, eventhough my dates are "current" according to the TSC postings..

Domestic investigation might mean that they're looking into the validity of your sponsor (the petitioner). I have a previous (approved) I140 (eb3) but because of retrogression I applied for I140 (eb2) from a different employer and my lawyer suspects the new I140 is being delayed due to domestic investigation of the two different employers...

By the way - I filed concurrent I-485/I140 (eb2) and my lawyer is actually AGAINST upgrading to PP. He says that the two applications are being processed seperately from each other and upgrading the I140 won't do any good to the I485. Does anybody think otherwise?? Are there any benefits from upgrading to PP other than satisfying my impaitience of waiting...???

Premium Processing

mine was pending since August 2006. I applied Premium processing last week waiting for approval.

Mine was pending since July 2006. But I see anyone re-apply with $1000 and so called premium processing, then they get first approval. To me it seems like, USCIS compelling us to pay, otherwise wait and wait and wait. This is a good trick to get some money from GC aspirant.

my 1 cent

ron_4678 & orissa. I will be in same boat I had applied I-140 with my own labor on Nov 2006 and still waiting ( USCIS site displays currently processing application filed on Nov 13 2006).But , I came across people with I-140s approved who have applied under regular processing much later (DEC 2006 and later) than me.
Can you guys post what you would be doing to overcome issues with your I-140s ?? it would be helpful for others in similar situation thanks.

I-140 Premium still pending

GreeenMurda, First of all I really like your ID you used here "GreenMurda". I wish some film will producer will see this, he might pick this name for his new Bollywood movie. Anyway as mention earlier that my I-140 EB3 pending from August 2006. When june visa bulletine jump significantly I called my lawyer to change it to premium processing. He send my 1-140 on May 22, 2007, I am still waiting for receipt. I will update as it get proceed.

Thank you

I-140 Premium Processing

I just got update that they send me REF. I have not received mail yet. I am little bit about REF.

Thanks all for update

I-140 premium processing lawyer against it.

Hi there can you anyone help me with this?
My lawyer applied for my I-140 on jan 16th 2006 to Texas Service center and I see today that the dates have jumped back to Aug 01 2003 for EB3 category. Since I have a Equivelency in bachelor's ( 3 year's bachelor from India+ 2 yrs associate in NY) my lawyer thinks it might be problem if we do Preimium processing.
Has any one been in this situation? Please help.

I have been reading all these posts and everyone has been talking about security and background checks. Does anyone know what a domestic investigation is. I received a letter saying my case is in domestic investigation. I even took a appointment with INFOPASS and met with a immigration officer. But he also had no information other than my case is pending domestic investigation.

I have been reading all these posts and everyone has been talking about security and background checks. Does anyone know what a domestic investigation is. I received a letter saying my case is in domestic investigation. I even took a appointment with INFOPASS and met with a immigration officer. But he also had no information other than my case is pending domestic investigation.
I believe Security check, Background check and Domestic investigation are all the same terms and the case has been moved to the Review Department. You are screwed once you end up in this black hole and can do nothing about it. It also means that you are the lucky choosen one ;)
BTW I am also stuck in the same. Good luck!

I don't think so at all... Background check or Name check is something that EVERYBODY has to go throu and indeed they are backed up on that significantly... Domestic Investigation is something that only "few" have the honors of having, and yeah - it's bad news af far as delays are concerned.. From my understanding - it has something to do with suspicious of fraud or something else which doesn't seem "Kosher" to them.. A friend of mine - on Religious visa (R1) was under investigation and was cleared only after an officer made an unscheduled visit to the church to make sure they really exist and that all is legit...