I-140 separate filing

ri_guy

Has anyone filed I-140 alone with AOS after concurrent filing was allowed? Is it true that only concurrent filings are being approved faster? I am planning to file for I-140 alone since I do not have my I-485 documents ready. Any comments / experiences?

Initially we all thought that there is a pattern on quick approvals if one files I-140/I-485 together. Lately, we have seen approvals even if one files I-485 and EAD/AP later with I-140 receipt.

Bottom line is for those who applied for EAD/AP, they are reviewing I-140 as it is made mandatory and in some cases they are approving I-140 at that time.

So there is no clear pattern, but concurrent filers (I-140/I485 together, or separate I485 with I-140 rcpt) have upper hand.

My suggestion is apply for I-140 and get ready with I-485 documents. On top of every thing make sure to apply for EAD.

Good Luck.
- Sanga.

Originally posted by ri_guy
Has anyone filed I-140 alone with AOS after concurrent filing was allowed? Is it true that only concurrent filings are being approved faster? I am planning to file for I-140 alone since I do not have my I-485 documents ready. Any comments / experiences?