I-140 Rfe

amdomd

Registered Users (C)
Recently got RFE for I-140 regarding employer's financial statement. Will be sending it soon. What happens next???

Please post your dates/category...I think you should get the approval soon if the information is sufficient...

I think you will get the approval within a week time.
That estimate is based on the previous postings by many with such situations. Could you post if you were asked to provide tax returns or balance sheets etc. Thanks..

I was asked to furnish proof & establish that my employer had the financial ability to pay the offered wage and continues to have such ability. Such evidence must include: annual reports, U.S. tax returns, or audited financial statements, and may also include additoinal evidence such as audited profit/loss statements, complete bank account records, and/or personnel records, 2002 corporate income tax return, and my W-2.

My dates are:
RIR/ ETA 750 approval: 01/07/2003.
I-140: Received on 04/08/2003; RFE 07/17/2003.
I-765: Received on 04/08/2003; pending.
I-485: Received on 04/08/2003; pending.
Fingerprinting done: 05/22/2003
Concurrent filing

Last edited by a moderator:
category

I am applying as an H-1B holder/ doctor through my current employer. I don't know what category I would be classified in. Which category would I be in????

amdomd

If you have a copy of I-140 or I-140 receipt notice, you can find out in what category your lawyer filed your petition.

In I-140, look at Part 2 (Petition type). If a, b or c is selected, you are in EB1; if d is selected, you are in EB2; otherwise, you are in EB3.

In receipt notice, look at the right box in the third row. If the section number is 203(b)(1)(A) through (C), you are in EB1; if it's 203(b)(2), you are in EB2; otherwise, you are in EB3.

category

The I-140 receipt notice says Sec.203 (b) (2). So I guess I am in EB2 category.
Thanks.

It gets approved, not a problem.

I had a similar encounter witn INS, my Attorney sent the required information for the RFE, however, INS will not approve the case until the last date for the RFE is over. This is my experience, as long as the documentation provided is fine and accepted, you should see no issues in Approval.

Thanks.

Last date to provide the additional info for I-140 RFE is October 9, 2003. Does that mean that even if I send all the requested info, they will not proceed with my case even if I have sent everything they asked for now. While my I-140 is pending awaiting this RFE, is my EAD & I-485 application also put on hold??? Based on above dates could you IMMIGRATION GURUS predict as to when I would get I-140 approval and GC.
Thanks.

EAD and AP get approved only after 140 gets approved in this case.

In case of 140 RFE, They wait till the last date for 140 RFE as indicated by INS, so in this case, you might need to wait till October 9th to get 140 approved. In the meanwhile, if your EAD and AP applications have already been applied in parallel, once the 140 is approved, it is just a matter of 2-3 days based on the area for EAD and AP to get approved.

My 140 RFE last date was July 10th, my 140 got approved on July 11th and MY EAD and AP got approved on July 14th 2003.

In all cases, i think and think only that till 140 is approved, EAD and AP dont get approved, because INS says there is no use in approving EAD and AP till 140 is approved.

Hope this clarifies.

Dear Nandamasti,
thanks for the above info. Looks like I have to sit tight till October. Question - AP - stands for Advance Parole????
Best of luck to you. This waiting feels like a sword hanging over your neck. Never know when it might fall!!!!!

hi amdomd

how long did it take for you to get the notice letter regarding rfe. i have been issued an rfe though i do not know what it is for yet..