I-140 RFE - 3 years degree

gcnotbad

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
The I-140 rfe has been issued and I'm waiting for the notice.

I have 3 years Indian degree and my PERM labor was filled with the education requirements as

H-4 - Minimum education required
- Bachelor

H-7A - Major Field of Study
- COMPUTER SCIENCE RELATED

H-8A - Is there an Alternative Level of Education acceptable, if YES specify,
- 3 YEAR OF UNDERGRADUATE EDUCATION

H-9 - Is a foreign educational equivalent acceptable
- YES

Don't know what that RFE is about...willl let you know...

All,
Got the RFE notice today and USCIS is requesting an evidence of 24 months (that's what mentioned on the PERM application) experience letter describing detailed job tile, specific duties and specific dates of employment from the current or old employer BEFORE the PERM applied date, which is 25-July 2006.

I'm employed with the current employer since March 2004 and they applied the labor on 25 July 2006. So employer is going to provide a formal experience letter includes,
1) Start date : 6th March 2004
2) Job duties : Exactly what mentioned in the PERM application and what advertised on the news paper for PERM.

Gurus, please comment.

Hi All,
My attorney says we need the experience letter from a previous employer. PERM regulations do not permit to use experience gained with the petitioning employer.

Problem is my previous employer is not in the business anymore and I can't get the letter from them.Is it OK to get a letter from client where I worked ?. or should be from employer ?

gurus, please respond.

Can someone provide some advice/feed back please ?

I was in your similar situation and resolved it by getting a reference letter from Client and Team Members I worked with. They may willing to provide some experiance letter, that can be also of use.

Thanks

Thanks nlssubbu.

What are the chances that USCIS will send a letter or make a call to employer to verify the information provided in the experience certificate ?

Hi All,
My attorney says we need the experience letter from a previous employer. PERM regulations do not permit to use experience gained with the petitioning employer.

Problem is my previous employer is not in the business anymore and I can't get the letter from them.Is it OK to get a letter from client where I worked ?. or should be from employer ?

gurus, please respond.

Yes, your attorney is correct. Experience Certificates are required to be presented from previous employers. The USCIS looks for the letterhead of the previous employer, which will resolve the problem. If you get a letter from client or colleagues, it may lead to complication.

Thanks Shankargb.
Happy New Year !!

I was able to contact one of my previous employers (Indian Company) and they are willing to provide the experience letter.I worked for them between the year of 1998-2000. What I'm worring about is, if I submit their letter and if in case USCIS issue another RFE requesting pay stubs/ tax information, I can't provide them because I always received the salary in cash and no pay stubs also didn't file any tax as it was not required based my income.Only evidence I have with that company is offer letter and experience letter.

Gurus, please advice me what to do. Should I get the letter from client managers that I worked for US company between 2000 to 2002 ? or should I submit the Indian company letter ?

Guys,
Good news...my I-140 got approved today.

Good luck to everybody who are waiting for I-140 to be approved...