I-140 Redo

numer

Registered Users (C)
DO WE NEED TO REDO I-140, IF THERE IS MERE NAME CHANGE FOR THE COMPANY ALSO....
Updated 10/06/00: Corporate Changes and Issues of New I-140 Filing

These issues have confused employers tremendously.
     According to VSC, it is the current INS HQ policy that in all of the following three situtions, employers need to file I-140 again:
          Merger, Buyout, Change in Ownership, resulting Success-In-Interest Entity
          Simple Change of Corporate Name with No Other Changes
          Change of Location, Even within the Same Commuting Distance.
     Considering the fact some EB-485 has been denied on this issue, it is better for people to take a "conservative" position and file the I-140 petition as soon as
     one learns such changes.

No Title

I got the 140 REDO (eventhough there was just a change of name). Even the change was so minor, "ABC xyz Inc" to "ABC ijk Inc", in my case. RFE cleary says to file new 140 for change of name. My Atty was saying that different centers are not consistent (especially VSC & NSC)and I do not have to do that. I took the safe approach, i.e., refiled new 140. In my opinion, "legally" it may not be required, but the officers who are looking at may not be knowledgeable. If you do what they say, it will get done immediately. If you contest, most likely your case is going take longer time, probabaly benefit other cases.

No Title

I think that makes sense. Thanks Venky. But, if I ask my attorney, she says there is no need to redo.

No Title

Does anybody know that INS policy regarding redo I-140 only applies to EB3 who has gone through labor certificate or it applies to everybody who is EB1 or EB2?

If a EB1 person who has been transferred to different location within the same company after filing I-485, Does this person need to redo I=140?

No Title

Hi Venkat1 ,

Can i talk to u personally regarding this cause i am also in the same sittuation .

Can u please check your private message.

Thanks

No Title

Venkat1,
How long did it take for the I-140 redo to be approved ? Do you think
it takes the same time as a fresh I-140 ? The location of my company
has changed (within a couple of miles) - I may need to do a I-140 redo.
thanks,

No Title

YES, AMENDED I140 is required in this case. I am very positive as my company file the amendment for I140 for me. I am not a lawer, do ur own research.

No Title

But, I read at this discussion board that some of the applicants from RAPIDIGM were approved, when they mentioned they sent a notice to VSC, regarding the name change. How can it be possible.

Thanks in advance.