I-140 redo: IIO conversation

despo

Registered Users (C)
Based on an earlier post from Suri, I called the IIO regarding my I-140 redo, which was submitted on Oct 17, 2000. Initially the IIO said it takes about two weeks before the information shows up in the system, but after some discussion she agreed to look up the I-140 in the system using my last name and did find it. She refused to give me the EAC and other information on it it, becuase I was the beneficiary of the I-140 petition and not the petitioner.

I then told her that I was concerned that this I-140 would be treated as a new application and not as a RFE related redo to the I-1485, and she said that would not happen becuse the system knows that this I-140 is based on the RFE issued gainst a pendinh I-485. She diddn\'t care to elaborate how that will happen, even though I tried to ask. One other key fact that she shared was that the I-140 will be adjudicated in the Business Services section, while the I-1485 is being adjudicated in the Resident Services section. In other words, the examiner examining the I-140 redo application will be different from the one who issued the RFE for the I-1485.

She said that I should have a resolution within the next few weeks, and again didn\'t care to clarify what "few" meant.

No Title

I probably talked to the same IIO & got the similiar response. Check in other posting for my details

No Title

I-140 REDO:
My cmpny filed I-140 amendment before it got the 2nd RFE for I-140 amendment. Then they replied to the 2nd RFE with the I-140 amendment notice. I just called the INS and the IIO(who was nice) told me that my I-140 amendment and I-485 are with the same officer. Don\'t know whether it\'s true or not.

No Title

Just talked to the IIO(who was nice) this morning. My cmpny had filed the I-140 amendment in anticipation. They replied to the 2nd RFE(I-140 amendment) with the notice of the I-140 amendment. The IIO told me that the same office has got my I-140 amendment and I-485. Don\'t know how much of truth is there.

No Title

Since you applied before getting the RFE, did you have to go through the full motions of doing an I-140, i.e. justify that the beneficiary meets the job requirements of the LC along with experience letters etc., or did you just send them a copy of the old I-140 along with the name change documentation?

No Title

My cmpny lawyer did send following things with the amendment:
1) check of $115.00
2) copy of previous approved I-140
3) copy of Labor approval
4) education/ experience
5) a letter exlaining that everything(wage/ employment) remained the same and new re-organization of the cmpny(successor-in-interest).

I don\'t know how much Ishould trust the IIOs. Couple of weeks back, I was told that I-140 amendment doesn\'t impact the I-485 processing time. Last week, I was told that amendment I-140 is treated as regular I-140. Today, I am told that the same officer has my I-140 amendment and 2nd RFE response. Who is right??