I-140 Phone Message Changed - Back to Normal Now

MJ23

Registered Users (C)
guys,

I checked my I-140 on the phone system for the first time in last 1 week today at 1 PM - it said ' Due to temporary system problem, there is an error etc,etc..."...I checked again at 1:20 PM, it is back to the same old " Your I-140 was received on Sep 26,2003,etc,etc"...

anyone with prior experience in these phone message changes - pl. share ur thoughts...thanks!

it has been happening a lot these days with me too. but no confirmed conclusions or theories -- some people say it is because the case is being "touched" -- some people got approval soon after.

I checked mine, it didn't change, same message "due to technical problems..."

Thanks,
Vivek
I-140 RD 10/08/2003

aonflux said:
it has been happening a lot these days with me too. but no confirmed conclusions or theories -- some people say it is because the case is being "touched" -- some people got approval soon after.

I hope you are correct. :)

Indelema, i am thinking that all those people with a message like
"On ........., we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283." have the phone message giving error.
maybe when the case is being touched by an officer, the phone message temporarily goes to the system error message .. and then back to the usual message but for those people with the above message, the avm doesn't go back to regular message. That is my theory.

aonflux said:
Indelema, i am thinking that all those people with a message like
"On ........., we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283." have the phone message giving error.
maybe when the case is being touched by an officer, the phone message temporarily goes to the system error message .. and then back to the usual message but for those people with the above message, the avm doesn't go back to regular message. That is my theory.

Your theory looks logical because I am having this message "On ........., we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283." since long and it never changes.

I just wanted to verify with others having the online message like me.

aonflux's theory seems logical - my case does'nt have 'On xxxx, we responded to' - instead has ' Your I-140 was received on ...' and my phone message has changed from 'error' to 'normal'......but i dont know what to interpret of all this :confused: :confused:

Yes aonflux's is right.

I have two cases ( My I-140 & my wife's I-485 ) with message "we responded to your request..." - phone message says " Due to temporary problem"

My I-485 " received finger prints" both online & phone message.

140 - 10/08/03 - Pending
485 - 12/05/03 - Pending
FP - 5/11/04- Updated USCIS site ( Received) - 06/07/04
1st EAD/AP ( Approved ) - 01/17/04
2nd EAD/AP ( Applied ) - 09/29/04

Hi MJ23
Phone message "error to normal" happened to me when my 485 LUD got changed. My I40 approved in April'04 and had LUD chanded for 485 on 10/26 & 10/27. My phone status was errored out when i checked status on 10/26 & 10/27 and become normal now. Do not know what could be the end result. :rolleyes:

shre

do you remember when this system error problem started? a week ago? or ever since your online message changed to -- "On.. we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. " what i want to figure out is if the phone message error happens to everyone who has that message or only when the case is being "reviewed".

Last edited by a moderator:
aonflux said:
do you remember when this system error problem started? a week ago? or ever since your online message changed to -- "On.. we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. " what i want to figure out is if the phone message error happens to everyone who has that message or only when the case is being "reviewed".
For me, Looks like when the case is reviewed by the adjucator.

my online message is "fp recd and processing resumed"
I get the system error on the phone message often but it always goes back to the "fp recd message."
but i did research and came to the theory that i posted above --
my system error messages started on the oct 22 but they go back to the fp recd message.

aonflux' - I tried calling USCIS only from last week..

But I get the consistent message " Due to temporary problems" on those two cases..

140 - 10/08/03 - Pending
485 - 12/05/03 - Pending

shre said:
But I get the consistent message " Due to temporary problems" on those two cases..

140 - 10/08/03 - Pending
485 - 12/05/03 - Pending

did that message start last week?

Don't know when it is changed..

Labor filed ( 04/16/02) and approved 06/03.
140 - 10/08/03 - Pending
485 - 12/05/03 - Pending

just heard from one of my friends - he has ' On xxx, we responded to your request,....' online ---and has I-140 automated voice mail as ' Due to temporary problem,etc' --- his RD is in the range of Sep-Oct 03 --- not sure if EB2 or EB3