i-140 PD to 485, quick question!

tipotodo

Registered Users (C)
Since my i-140 was approved, my attorney is about to file the 485. Quick question my Priority date on my 140 is 7/21/06, how long is the 485 going to take in NSC??

I wish i could send it to TSC, but my lawyer said it has to go to NSC, cause my 140 is there.

Any thoughts?

thanx

I have the same question - where to file 485 after 140 EB1ea approval from TSC.They mailed the approval notice with instructions but I can't wait. Could
anybody here post the instructions about where to file?
Another question: I have a A#, my husband and my son don't have A#, is that right?

I'd like to thank everybody who kindly provide information here. Special thanks to gunt and civ2ru.

aart

PD: priority date or processing date

My lawyer sent me this link to chek the processing date,

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=Nebraska

For my understanding, based on the inforamtion in this link, the processing date for all employment-based I-485 petitions is July 13, 2006. That means when the date in this webpage chaged from July 13, 2006 to your I-140 petition received date, your I-485 will be processed, right?

Any idea? MY I-140, I-485 and I-765 and I-131 all submitted at the same time. USCIS received them on October 30, 2007. Is this my priority date

No
Processing dates and priority dates are different.
Proceesing dates are when 485 are received by service center. PD for EB1 is current so it doen't matter.

As far as I understand, processing dates are updated periodically at the USCIS webpage, for the benefit of the applicants, so that the applicant will be aware of what date application are under process at USCIS, it might be same for all the service centers or might differ.
Priority date is for those applicants who's filing category do not have enough visa numbers and hence have to wait till the numbers are available for that category.For that matter you are not supposed to file I485 till you arrive at the priority date. For EB1-EA right now the situation is current so the question of priority date is out of question.
good luck
Rama

processing date

Thank you all for the clarification. It made sense to me. Hopefully my I-485 will be processed soon since I sumited I-485 in October, 2006, the same time when I applied my I-140.

Hey Tipotodo, Congratulations!!! I missed the fact that your 140 got approved yesterday. Very happy for you. Good Luck with the next stage. Regarding applying for 485, dont we all have to apply to NSC or do we apply to the center from where we got the 140 approved?
Once again, Tipotodo, very happy for you.