I-140 issues

gadda24

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Folks, I apologize for posting here, but I figured people who might have gone through this board, would not visit the I-140 board anymore.

I have a situation. I applied for my Labor in Sep 2002 and my Labor got approved RIR in Mar 2003.
My labor cert said (my attny put it that way) that the min requirement for the Job
Minimum years reqd for degree: 4
Minimum Degree reqd: Bachelors
Major field of Study: Computer Science.

Well, I do not have a bachelors in CS, but do have a 4 year bachelor degree, and as of the priority date, had all my course work completed in Masters in Computer Science (I had finished all the coursework, but did not defend my thesis)

I applied for my I-140 in May 2003 and received an RFE for 2 reasons

1. Educational Qualifications
2. Ability of the company to pay my salary

and USCIS wants to me to furnish me a BS in CS acquired before Sep 2002 - which I do not have. I do have my Masters coursework completed as of that date in CS. Can anyone please suggest in what I should be doing? My attny suggests that I get a letter from school that I did my coursework by the end of 1999 and he says that should be enough. I am looking into getting
my academic credentials evaluated with this company called Trust Forte

http://www.trustfortelanguages.com/LS_academic.htm

to show that my Bachelors in Engg + masters coursework in CS can be equivalent to a Bachelors in CS. I dont know if USCIS accepts this or not. I need advise from people who have been in the same boat as me.

As for the company documentation, my CFO has provided me all the documents. Should I need the documents evaluated by a CPA and get it notarized? I want to file the best possible response, and I need help from all those who have been in a similar situation as mine.

Any information to help me out will be appreciated.

Thanks
gadda24