I-140 inquiry at NSC by attorney

aws

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

As I have mentioned this in many of my thread, my I-140 EB-2 is pending at NSC since Oct. 2003.

Is it worth paying $150.00 to my attorney so that she can send an inquiry letter to NSC about my case? Did anyone had luck with such an inquiry?

I know for sure that if I write NSC myself, that letter will be "lost in the ocean"; however, I hope the letter from attorney should get a better treatment?

What are your views?
Thanks!

I dont think so much difference.Because published date still showing sept 15th. you will get reply as with the Standard phrase "Still we are pocessing Sept 15th case and every case is different" nothing else.

aws,

Since you asked for views, I will give mine. I think it is just not worth it to spend the $150. Firstly, your lawyer should not be even charging you at all for a simple thing like enquiry about your case. Secondly I am not sure how worthwhile the letter will be, as this is also likely to be 'lost in the ocean", as you put it. Thirdly current I-140 processing time report puts EB2 processing at Sept 15, 2003, so unless your application was filed after Oct 15th, they may not even entertain and enquiry. Fouthly NSC has been sitting on Sept 2003 and later cases for a long time, we all know this and your case is not an exception. So have patience (I know its easier said than done, I myself had to wait over 11 months to get I-140 approval).

Meanwhile an alternative will be to have your employer initiate an enquiry (Provided your application was filed after Oct 15th).

aws,
mine 140/485 RD is 05/01/2003, still pending.
attorney (free of charge) started from June 2004, send inquiry letters, fax and calls to TSC, no response.

instead of the inquiry through the attorney aws, the best thing to do would be push the petition get it ready and than send it to the concerned USCIS authorities and our respective senators and congressmen in our area. any updates on the petition ? and by the way 150$ for an inquiry by your own lawyer for the case he or she took up is not reasonable.

Cost of registering on immigrationportal.com: 0$
Cost of paying ur attorney for inquiry: 150$
---------
Cost of filing delay lawsuit against CIS: priceless
Cost of showing the fingeroo to hostage takers: priceless
Cost of seeing 140 /485 dates move: priceless
----------
For everything else there is a Greencard