I 140 filing Center

Mettlus

Registered Users (C)
Hi All, my Labor was filed from NC. It is certified right now. Can I file my I 140 and 485 from different location other than TX.
I work in MD right now. My employer is based in NC.

Thanks a lot

Mettlus,

I am also in the similar boat. Mine employer is also in NC, but I am in PA. Mine Labor got approved from NC. If I use concurrent processing option, then both the application has to go to TX. If not I can file I140 in TX and after its approval I can file 485 in Vermont. Or file I140 in TX with consular option.

Hope this helps.

yea...thats what the lawyer said - that I need 2 file the I-140 from TX only!!! but some folks have disagreed to this fact - thats why I am here on the FORUM to confirm. Can I change the processing center to file I 140 if labor was approved from that Zone?

Thanks pal.
BTW for Consular processing I heard after 9-11 ther are lots of changes...so its better to be here rather goin to home country (India) in my case

I reckon that the main issue is wjether the LC was approved for a specific location or is for work all over US.
I have a case where the I-140 was approved by TSC but the applicant filed his I-485 in Boston, and got EAC receipts.
Also, at the same time two others whose I-140 were approved by Texas and we filed the I-485s in TSC got their receipts with EAC numbers.
So if your LC allows and you are based in the jurisdiction of another Service Center you may file there--it may take some time for the file to be transferred, though!And needless to say, you employer must agree.
I am not a lawyer but handle immigration cases and speak from my experience.