I-140 Filed. Laid off yesterday. Pl advice

rsesha

Registered Users (C)
I have been in US on L-1 since May 2004. My company filed 1-140 in Nov 2004 and it was denied in February 2006 due to smallness of the company. My employment was transferred to another subsidiary and L-1 amendment fot approved till May 2008. My company refiled I-140 on August 8, 2006 and I-485 on September 5, 2006. Due to some internal politics in parent company, I was laid off last week. My employment contract expires only in January 2009 and I intend to sue the company.

I have my own R & D company that made $ 100 k profit in 2005 and 2006 and is likely to attract some outside investment of about $ 1.0 million. In addition, I have a job offer from another company with a similar pay. But how maintain status or get paid legally. The option I am thinking is to work in Canada for a year and return on L-1 with new company.

Also Can I switch my family to B-1 for six months so my kid completes school? I appreciate any advice on how to maintain my Status.

Consider hiring a lawyer.....going by your own company profits I am sure you could hire the best. This case is too complicated to be tested on the knowledge of the laymen here. I would highly reccommend a lawyer at this stage. You may be accruing illegal time already for all you know.