My I-140 just got approved at TSC.
filed i-140 EB-1 (ea) feb 16,
upgraded to premium april 7.
received approval email april 14.

my background:

eastern block country
college degree and phd in usa, in chemistry,
2 postdocs at high-flying universities, doing biological/medical research
8 really strong letters from famous and not-so-famous scientists, all from academia - 5 former supervisors,collaborators etc., 3 people who dont know me personally.
14 publications, 7 first author
135 citations (65 of them on one paper where i am not the first author)
no direct evidence for critical roles (such as being a PI on a grant or anything official like that) but just emails and ref. letters. same with reviewing scientific articles. no major awards or memberships. no major articles about my work - just one online snippet in a specialized website.

claimed:
1-major contributions
2-authorship of articles
3-critical roles at important institutions
4-reviewed articles

cover letter 20 pages with all important things inside, just refering to "exhibits", but pretty much everything was in the letter, in quotes.

do it yourself package, then took to a good lawyer to fix the letter and advise.

lots of colorful stickers, well-organized, two-punch holes and generally very neat-o application. basically - the file was thick but very easy to follow.

e-filed i-140, then sent supporting documents. after waiting,
upgraded for premium, again by e-filing. called to make sure they have all the papers. (see POJ method)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! to all the people in this forum. this forum is awesome.

vg359

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone,

my background:

eastern block country
8 really strong letters from famous and not-so-famous scientists, all from academia - 5 former supervisors,collaborators etc., 3 people who dont know me personally.
135 citations (65 of them on one paper where i am 999-th author)
no direct evidence for critical roles (such as being a PI on a grant or anything like that) and just email and ref. letters. same with reviewing scientific articles.

claimed:
1-major contributions
2-authorship of articles
4-reviewed articles

cover letter 20 pages with all important things inside, just refering to "exhibits", but pretty much everything was in the letter, in quotes.

do it yourself package, then took to a good lawyer to fix the letter and advise.

lots of colorful stickers, two-punch holes and generally very neat-o application.

upgraded for premium, again by e-filing. called to make sure they have all the papers.

vg359

Congratulations. And, good luck with your next step.

Congratulations ! Enjoy your time!!

By the way, could you tell the detail of how you used the POJ method to make sure they received all your supporting materials?

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

my background:

eastern block country
135 citations (65 of them on one paper where i am not the first author)
no direct evidence for critical roles (such as being a PI on a grant or anything official like that) but just emails and ref. letters. same with reviewing scientific articles. no major awards or memberships. no major articles about my work - just one online snippet in a specialized website.

claimed:
1-major contributions
2-authorship of articles
4-reviewed articles

lots of colorful stickers, well-organized, two-punch holes and generally very neat-o application. basically - the file was thick but very easy to follow.

upgraded for premium, again by e-filing. called to make sure they have all the papers. (see POJ method)

vg359

Congratulations ! Enjoy your time!!

By the way, could you tell the detail of how you used the POJ method to make sure they received all your supporting materials?

Thanks!

Hi gc_er,

called the 1-800 number and hit "3" at the wrong moment and a real nice Texan picked up the phone. I asked if he could check if all paper was there because i was nervous about it. He looked at the computer and said that it looked like it -because there was an LUD around the right time, but he wasnt entirely sure. He didn't actually get up to look at the paper files, but it seemed friendly and helpful enough to where he might have if it looked wrong. no big deal i guess....

vg

Congratulations, VG. Can you please tell me (here or pm) whether you used an attorney or DIY and if so the name of the attorney or the DIY. Thank you and good luck with the next step.