I-140 Denied in Nebraska Service Center

gnaveen

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

My I-140 in EB2 category was denied by the Nebraska Service Center. As per the lawyer Nebraska is notoriously tough on degree evaluations, so instead of appealing (which can take over a year for a decision), they went ahead and refiled the I-140 in Texas.

Problem 1 - The CIS (Texas) said that the application is not eligible for the premium service (because they have to request the LC from Nebraska).

Since Texas won't accept I-140 through premium processing there is no way to make them adjudicate it in any set amount of time.

My concerns is what if Texas denies my I-140 application? What options do I have. Anyone can articulate as how long the process can take .. or it's just wait and cross my finger strategy.

Please, advice ...

Thanks,
Naveen:mad:

I did Maths Hons (3 years) + MCA (3 years). Was this good enough for I-140 / RIR / EB2 category.

What are the available options.

Please advice.

Thanks,
Naveen

was it pp

was your application a PP or did you file with Nebraska as regular.
aslo is it possible to file with Texas directly???

The Texas Service Center did not excepted the I-140 application for Premium Processing stating that the LC is in Nebraska and it does not qualify for PP.

Here is what I think screwed up and the application was rejected. As stated in the ETA-750 the minimum requirement stated was a Masters or 4 years of college degree or related field and 5 years of post-progressive experience. As per NSC the evidence does not establish that the beneficiary holds such degree.

I hold Maths Hons (3 years) + MCA (3 years). As per NSC the 3 years MCA is not equivalent to Masters and because the other condition of 4 year degree with 5 years of experience is not met .. they had rejected my I-140.

My lawyer I think did not did a good job in explaining or providing enough evidence to support this. I would have been better off if I would have applied in EB3 instead of him filing in EB2.

Can someone suggest what is the next course of action. I can only think of that Texas will also deny my I-140. If they do, what should be course of action in this situation. Please, advice ...

Thanks,
Naveen

When you tried to use the Masters degree option, did you do an educational evaluation to show that your Maths Hons + MCA is equivalent to Masters/MS in US? I am sure you did this, as most of them with foreign degrees do the credential evaluation, but wanted to make sure instead of assuming.

The Texas Service Center did not excepted the I-140 application for Premium Processing stating that the LC is in Nebraska and it does not qualify for PP.

Here is what I think screwed up and the application was rejected. As stated in the ETA-750 the minimum requirement stated was a Masters or 4 years of college degree or related field and 5 years of post-progressive experience. As per NSC the evidence does not establish that the beneficiary holds such degree.

I hold Maths Hons (3 years) + MCA (3 years). As per NSC the 3 years MCA is not equivalent to Masters and because the other condition of 4 year degree with 5 years of experience is not met .. they had rejected my I-140.

My lawyer I think did not did a good job in explaining or providing enough evidence to support this. I would have been better off if I would have applied in EB3 instead of him filing in EB2.

Can someone suggest what is the next course of action. I can only think of that Texas will also deny my I-140. If they do, what should be course of action in this situation. Please, advice ...

Thanks,
Naveen