I-140 delay over 15 months

cp_junky

Registered Users (C)
My I-140 has been delayed over 15 months (ND: May 2, 2003). I have made numerous enquires and nothing fruitful came out. Finally my lawyer sent a written request to the INS and this is what they replied:

"This case has been selected for detailed review. The process will take longer than normal processing. Should we discover information requiring further review and verification, we will contact you, either in person or in writing, to provide additional information. We will make every effort to complete this case as soon as possible. We appreciate your assistance and cooperation in helping us ensure the integrity of our immigration system. "

What does this mean ? Does anybody know ? Anybody seen this kind of a situation before ?

Any info is greatly appreciated !

The company has been estd in 1996 and it has 300+ employees out of which atleast 50+ have got their green cards ... I dont think there is anything about the company.

Is it an Indian company or an American.

I have heard this happening with some Indian companies with base in India
like NIIT

cp_junky said:
The company has been estd in 1996 and it has 300+ employees out of which atleast 50+ have got their green cards ... I dont think there is anything about the company.

cp_junky,

Just curious to know your company name. Can you give me a private message.

thanks.

My friend, we are on the same boat . My case is exactly the same and I received the same answer. Not to mention that my I-140 was filed on January-2003. Yes longer than yours. I think its a matter of security checking ? !! God Help