I-140 - Cp - Ac/140

Victor3536

Registered Users (C)
Guys, I'm kind of new here... I read some of your questions and answers ..it's great. This thing is very helpful and I thank you all for providing valuable answers.

My question is kind of little complicated. My company has applied for my I140 in Spet. and it is under process. I told them that I will go for CP so they choose CP while filing 140. Now my lawyer says that he will file I824 once I-140 is approved and I can go for AC-140 process with I824 receipt to expedite the GC process. My understading is that I-824 is to change your process from AOS to CP but in my case if 140 is filed with CP option how can my lawyer file for I-824. Is there a way or may be for I-824 there is no such requirement that you should have filed for 485 ? ..

I tried to find some clarification on different sites but did not get proper answer.

I would greatly appreciate if someone can answer my question... that will be great help..

Thanks ...

Its kind of a grey area but your lawyer is right, even if you opted for CP in your I140 application, nothing stops you from filing an I824 application, which incidentally is for multiple purposes and not only for changing from AOS to CP.

titu

Originally posted by Victor3536
Guys, I'm kind of new here... I read some of your questions and answers ..it's great. This thing is very helpful and I thank you all for providing valuable answers.

My question is kind of little complicated. My company has applied for my I140 in Spet. and it is under process. I told them that I will go for CP so they choose CP while filing 140. Now my lawyer says that he will file I824 once I-140 is approved and I can go for AC-140 process with I824 receipt to expedite the GC process. My understading is that I-824 is to change your process from AOS to CP but in my case if 140 is filed with CP option how can my lawyer file for I-824. Is there a way or may be for I-824 there is no such requirement that you should have filed for 485 ? ..

I tried to find some clarification on different sites but did not get proper answer.

I would greatly appreciate if someone can answer my question... that will be great help..

Thanks ...

Chennai consulate does notaccept AC 140. Make sure that you do not come under the Chennai consulate region

Rams

Thankx

Titu and Rams .. for your replies..

Titu, Do you know where can I get more information reagarding AC-140 and I-824 .???.. I mean I can read the details of this process .. That might make it more clear ...

I fall in the B'bay region .. Thanks again ..

Victor

Victor,

Did u get any new info regarding AC I-140 ? Reading all the posts (i also wrote to kd1403 earlier), it seems like u can get around with AC I-140 by applying for AOS even though you don;t want to, all for the sake for speeding up the GC..

Victor,

Did u get any new info regarding AC I-140 ? Reading all the posts (i also wrote to kd1403 earlier), it seems like u can get around with AC I-140 by applying for AOS even though you don;t want to, all for the sake for speeding up the GC..

AC 140

According to my understanding Chennai will accept AC140 IF they don't have more workload..Generally chennai consulate will be very busy with heavy work load so even though if you request they won't accept AC140.

Hope this helps..

--at200