I-140 Backlog Campains

Got a reply from Ombudsman

After contacting them regarding I-140 delay, I got the following reply. I will write them again regarding I-140 delay and portability issue before I-140 approval. This suffers me as well as many others, since I know many's FBI name check got delayed, it takes even more than two years for someone. So if we cannot port before I-140 approval, another two to three years' life will be difficult, with lay-off each quarter.

Is there anyone else still work for I-140 delay issue, please let's do it all together.

Thank you for contacting the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is dedicated to identifying systemic problems in the immigration benefits process and recommending solutions to these problems to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”).

In order to further process your case, we will need to obtain additional information from you. Please follow the steps below to complete submission of your case problem to the CIS Ombudsman. This information is also available online at our website http://www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman.

Step 1. Please write us a letter and provide the following information in the order set forth below to assist us in identifying your case. Providing this information is voluntary, but we may not be able to help you if your information is incomplete.

1. The full name of the person who the case is about;

2. The address of the person who the case is about;

3. The date of birth of the person who the case is about;

4. The country of birth of the person who the case is about;

5. The application/petition receipt number of person who the case is about;

6. The “A” number of the person who the case is about;

7. The USCIS office at which the application/petition was filed;

8. The filing date of the application/petition; and

9. A description of the problem.

Step 2. To protect your privacy, we need to verify your identity and the accuracy of your information. Please date and sign your letter and include any of the following statements as they apply to your situation:

• If you are in the United States or a U.S. territory, possession or commonwealth:

“I declare (certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct.”

• If you are outside of the United States:

“I declare (certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct.”

• If you are not the person whose case you are inquiring about, you must obtain their consent. They should include the following statement in their letter:

“I consent to allow information about my case to be released to [name of requester].”

• If you are an attorney or accredited representative, please include a copy of your USCIS Form G-28, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative.

Once prepared, please mail your dated and signed letter and copies of any other relevant documents to the following address:

Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman

ATTN: Case Problems

United States Department of Homeland Security

Washington, D.C. 20528

Please note that the CIS Ombudsman is not part of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”). The CIS Ombudsman is a separate office within the Department of Homeland Security dedicated to improved national security, efficiency, and improved customer service in the immigration benefits process.

In wait mode

candie said:
After contacting them regarding I-140 delay, I got the following reply. I will write them again regarding I-140 delay and portability issue before I-140 approval. This suffers me as well as many others, since I know many's FBI name check got delayed, it takes even more than two years for someone. So if we cannot port before I-140 approval, another two to three years' life will be difficult, with lay-off each quarter.

Is there anyone else still work for I-140 delay issue, please let's do it all together.

Thank you for contacting the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is dedicated to identifying systemic problems in the immigration benefits process and recommending solutions to these problems to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”).

In order to further process your case, we will need to obtain additional information from you. Please follow the steps below to complete submission of your case problem to the CIS Ombudsman. This information is also available online at our website http://www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman.

Step 1. Please write us a letter and provide the following information in the order set forth below to assist us in identifying your case. Providing this information is voluntary, but we may not be able to help you if your information is incomplete.

1. The full name of the person who the case is about;

2. The address of the person who the case is about;

3. The date of birth of the person who the case is about;

4. The country of birth of the person who the case is about;

5. The application/petition receipt number of person who the case is about;

6. The “A” number of the person who the case is about;

7. The USCIS office at which the application/petition was filed;

8. The filing date of the application/petition; and

9. A description of the problem.

Step 2. To protect your privacy, we need to verify your identity and the accuracy of your information. Please date and sign your letter and include any of the following statements as they apply to your situation:

• If you are in the United States or a U.S. territory, possession or commonwealth:

“I declare (certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct.”

• If you are outside of the United States:

“I declare (certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct.”

• If you are not the person whose case you are inquiring about, you must obtain their consent. They should include the following statement in their letter:

“I consent to allow information about my case to be released to [name of requester].”

• If you are an attorney or accredited representative, please include a copy of your USCIS Form G-28, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative.

Once prepared, please mail your dated and signed letter and copies of any other relevant documents to the following address:

Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman

ATTN: Case Problems

United States Department of Homeland Security

Washington, D.C. 20528

Please note that the CIS Ombudsman is not part of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”). The CIS Ombudsman is a separate office within the Department of Homeland Security dedicated to improved national security, efficiency, and improved customer service in the immigration benefits process.

I am waiting for response from USCIS to MH (CA 15). I will wait till 09/15 and
follow up with MH office. By the way I checked my mail yesterday and got same response as your from CIS Ombudsman.

Has anyone else got the same reply?

I sent email to Ombudsman

I have sent the attached document to cisombudsman@dhs.gov, and I hope he can push BCIS to do something right. I guess if many more people will do the same, we have more chance.

"
Dear Ombudsman:

Please see the attached file, abstracted from: http://www.immigration-law.com/ 8/25/2004. It contains a very good recommendation for BCIS in last paragraph to correct BCIS's behavior against the intent of AC21 law.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if any question arises. Thanks.

"

Senator Dianne Feinstein's Reply

Thank you for taking the time to write to me about
problems with the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services
(BCIS). I have read your letter and welcome the opportunity to
respond.

In 2000, I introduced and Congress enacted the
"Immigration Services and Infrastructure Improvement Act of
2000." The Act required the Department of Justice to issue a report
to Congress on the extent of the immigration and naturalization
backlogs and the adequacy of the agency's automated systems to
manage and reduce its pending workload. The report did not
address all of my concerns, however, and BCIS has not issued an
update to its efforts to reduce processing delays. Please know that I
will continue to raise your concerns with Eduardo Aguirre,
Director of BCIS.

Thank you again for writing. Should you have any further
questions regarding this issue, please feel free to contact my
Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator