I-140 approved, waiting for I-485 and want to bring in on H-4

vanya27

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am in the following situation and hope someone can advise on how to proceed.

a. I am currently on H-1b and still have about 2 years left (of total of 6). Current H-1B Stamp will expire middle of Nov. this year.
b. I am getting married end of Sept. and want to bring in my wife under H-4 Status.
c. I already have I-140 approved, BUT company was purchased by a competitor and legal name changed.
d. Per my laywer I had to file new I-140 under new company name. Done at this point.
d. I already have I-485 pending since last October, 2002 using old company name.
e. I have a travel permit and work authorization under I-485 petition.

Questions:

a. Can I bring my wife under H-4 in Sept. and apply for her I-485 together with mine that was filed last year.
b. If not on H-4, how can I bring her over here.
c. Once in US, do we need to file extensions on my H-1B and H-4. Can I do it in US?
d. CAN I CHANGE AN EMPLOYER (same Employer different legal name) SINCE 180 days passed and still get a GC for her and myself on time? DO I NEED TO FILE A NEW I-485 since company name changed (job location, desc. and duties are the same)?
e. Do I really need to file new I-140 or old one will be valid for me and my wife to get a GC?
f. What if my job desc. changes and I'll be promoted (may soon be an option), do I need to file a new H-1B/H-4 or can just work under I-485 adjustment status (work permit+Travel document)?
j. If I am laid off after mid. of November and don't have H-1 Stamp in my passport, can I remain in the US under work permit and pending I-485 from last year with another employer and get my GC when the time comes?

ANY ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS WILL HELP!!!!