I-140 approved last year-Where to send PCt 3-St.louis or Consulate ???

Priya M

Registered Users (C)
CP Experts, i got my i-140 approved last year, unfortunately, for various situations i was not able to continue on my GC before. Currently i am planning to continue to go by CP, but i do not know were to send Packt3 - to directly to Consulate or to St.Louis.As the NVC automated message says that i should send to the Consulate. WHat should I do, How do i reach NVC operator, as there is no option to reach the operator on this number - 603-334-0700. Pl help.

No Title

U definetly can reach the operator at NVC .
Enter ur case # then press 0 to reach the operator
I guess u need to consult an attorney as to where send the P3.
The rules for CP have changed recently , i guess begining this year the P3 has to be sent to St. louis.

I am also in the same case...you need to send it to consulate

My 140 also approved in 2001 and pkt3 created in Nov 2001. Still I didn\'t send the pkt3 to consulate. I called NVC and asked where to send. They clearly said, I come under old rules and asked to send it directly to consulate. The straight answer I got was \'What ever is given in your pkt3...follow it\'.

Thanks

Thanks defjam, My i-140 approved last march, unluckily, nothing worked out right, Attorny, doesn\'t know much about Packet 3, i don\'t know what happened, thats why i do not have case number, when i enter i-140 receipt number, i do not get an option to reach operator, i\'ll try again tomorrow.
Thanks

keep posted

Please keep posted latest development in your case, b\'cause I am also in the same boat. Still I don\'t know when I will send the pkt3 to consulate. BTW, to which consulate are you going? Mine is Chennai.

Yes I am going to Chennai too.

I talked to operator, she said, i should send to chennai, When are u planned to send the packet 3. Lets keep in touch. If u want, u can reach on my email priyam26@hotmail.com.
Thanks
Priya M

Cover letter of Packet 3

Even my 140 got approved last October.

The Packet 3 covering letter of which she sent me a copy, states that Packet-3 has to be sent to the Chennai Consulate. So it was sent to the Consulate at Chennai in March last week without going thru the new process.

So we need to do what the covering letter of Packet 3 instructs.

Cover letter of Packet 3

The Attorney received the Packet 3 and sent me for review and signature. After thet sehe sent it to Chennai.