I-140 Approved: H1b 7th or 3-yr extn.,Labor<1yr

kkt_tkk

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Sub: I-140 Approved: H1b 7th or 3-yr extn.,Labor<1yr

Any one had applied and approved H1b 7th or 3-year extension based on
I-140 approved but Labor pending below 1-year?. Please respond.

Thanks,

KKT

Sorry, I do not have any answer for you. But was hoping to get some information from you. I have approved I-140 from company A. I now work for company B, and have kept getting one year extensions while working for company B. Now I am about to file my tenth year extension. I recently heard from a friend of mine, that instead of just filing for another one years extension, now I can file for a 3 year extension. He was saying that there was some rule change that was made into effect sometimes Oct 2005. Is this true? If so, do you have any link to some documentation or memo from BCIS, that states this? Any help would be highly appreciated.

3-yr Extn.

Hi,
Go to " www.immigration-law.com " and see the 09/13/2005 dated posting in the "Breaking News" section, you get all the details.

H-1B Extensions in 3-Year Increment: As soon as LC is certified, file quickly I-140 petition and obtain its approval early. H-1B can then be extended in 3-year increment "indefinitely." Since I-485 can not be filed for many years to come, AC-21 180-day rule will not be much help for those who start LC now. Since EAD will not be available for many years to come, it will be important to keep H-1B "indefinitely" until the visa number becomes available. If the option for H-1B extension in 3-year increment is not available for the yet-to-be approved I-140 petition, file the 7th year extension in 1-year increment if 365-day passed after filing LC, and then when I-140 is approved, file the 3-year increment extension petitions. See Section 104(c) of AC 21 Act and USCIS AC-21 Memo of 05/12/2005.