I-140 Approval System

I want my GC

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

My I-140 was approved on 07/09/2004 with a RD 12/05/2003

For all of you who have an I-140 RD earlier than Dec03 or Jan04 and didn't receive approval notice please read this:

On my I-140 approval form there was my Priority Date which was 11/08/2001. Now I remember my lawer mentioning something to me about a priority date a couple of years ago, but I never really paid attention to it.

Now that I saw it on my I-140 approval I storngly believe that the Priority Date is the number one factor in approving I-140 otherwise it would be just a meaning less date in which case there is no point on putting it on I-140 approval form.

You guys can debate this all you want but I suggest we start tracking approval based on Priority Dates not Reciept Date.

Thanks to you all and good luck :cool:

I want my GC said:
Hello all,

My I-140 was approved on 07/09/2004 with a RD 12/05/2003

For all of you who have an I-140 RD earlier than Dec03 or Jan04 and didn't receive approval notice please read this:

On my I-140 approval form there was my Priority Date which was 11/08/2001. Now I remember my lawer mentioning something to me about a priority date a couple of years ago, but I never really paid attention to it.

Now that I saw it on my I-140 approval I storngly believe that the Priority Date is the number one factor in approving I-140 otherwise it would be just a meaning less date in which case there is no point on putting it on I-140 approval form.

You guys can debate this all you want but I suggest we start tracking approval based on Priority Dates not Reciept Date.

Thanks to you all and good luck :cool:
Is the priority Date on the 140 Approval notice same as the Labor applied date ?

Priority Date was used once upon a time

Priority Date was the date used, once upon a time, to decide if you are eligible for an Alien #. About 3-4 years ago, they made all the dates current meaning you can apply for the 140 once you get your Labor. It used to be that you cannot apply until your Priority Date was current. So, i doubt if it has anything to do with the 140 approvals. I might be totally wrong though.

satish001 said:
Priority Date was the date used, once upon a time, to decide if you are eligible for an Alien #. About 3-4 years ago, they made all the dates current meaning you can apply for the 140 once you get your Labor. It used to be that you cannot apply until your Priority Date was current. So, i doubt if it has anything to do with the 140 approvals. I might be totally wrong though.

You are 110% right Satish. Nothing with the "Priority Date".

Sree

chivukula,

Yes, Priority date is the date the Labor Certification was filed.

And to the rest of you guys, all I'm saying is that the priority date was one of the very few things on the I-140 approval letter, so there is a strong possibility that it is one of the factors that determines process date.

Let's all include priority date with the rest of the I-140/I-485 info.

Good luck all.