I-140 Appeal

KnightMare

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,
General question regarding I-140 Appeals. Can someone please explain what each form mean: I290A, I290B and MOTIC? Are they processed in any specific order?

Thanks,
Knightmare

Friends,
I am trying to track my I-140 appeal (Ability to Pay) and my company has provided me with the LIN number of the MOTIC. It has been 3 and half months already and there is still no movement. I have seen in most cases within 2-3 months the initial look into the case is done and were forwarded to the next stage (commisioner). So am I looking at the correct LIN? or should I be looking at the LIN of form 290A/290B.

TIA

It should be only one LIN Number for I290.

What is the status message on your I290B LIN?

And What is the status message on your I140 LIN?

lc2003,
These are the messages:

MOTIC: LUD 10/12/2004

Your MOTIC MOTION TO REOPEN BEFORE THE COMMISSIONER was received on October 6, 2004. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 60 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

I140: LUD 9/7/2004

On June 30, 2004, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 150 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

As usually I have seen in this forum that the initial validation is done within couple of months, I am not sure if there would be any LIN for 290? as my form# says MOTIC.

TIA

KnightMare,

Yes, you're correct that within couple of months you should notice whether it's forwarded to Appeal office or not. Do you see any LUD on 485 ? Some time they approve I140 without updating online messages, and call your Attorney also to double check.

As per the web site, one may call CIS after 60 days to figure out whether your appeal has forwarded to Appeal office or still sitting in BCIS office. I am in similar situation, but my Attorney delayed sending the additional evidence, so I got to wait few more weeks before calling CIS.

lc2003,
The LUD on my 485 (11/1/2004) reflects the Finger Prints Notice but it didn't even get updated with Receipt of my Finger Prints yet.

Is it OK to call the USCIS regarding the case, as I have seen couple of threads in this forum questioning the either intentional/unintensional delay/rfe following such requests?

I think, it's fine to call now since you crossed 60 days limit.

Also make sure your employer or Attorney available with you on the phone when you call CIS for I290 or I140 status query.