I-140 and experience letters . Urgent!!! Please help!!!

fillet2649

Registered Users (C)
Please help!

I am going for a pre approved labor which requiresa BS with 2 yrs of experience in specific skill set, PD is Jan 2004. EB3 category.

Questions.

1. My lawyer just asked for the resume, he said experience letters not required for filing. Is it true for EB3 or should we provide experience certificates as this is labor substitution case.

2. If experience letters are required, for one company I got a letter without skill sets specified, can I just add a colleagues reference or should that be an affidavit.

2. Is it ok if my work experience in the skill sets specified in pre-approved labor is prior to 1999, and I was not working with those specific skill sets in 2004 or currently.

Please help!

56 views and not a single response.

Guys please help. Feel free to let me know if my questions were absurd or wrong forum.

fillet2649:

Experience Letters are absolutely needed for the i-140 application.
The letters should match, as accurately as possible, with the skillset mentioned in the Labor Application. Colleague references would work too, to enhance the support.

You might be working on different skillset currently. But the timeframe mentioned in the experience letter and the skillset mentioned for that time frame in labor app, should include as accurately as possible, in your experience letter.

The better match, the lesser the chance for an RFE. Its better to do a solid groundwork before filing and get things exactly how they want, rather than send the 140 and then later on have to deal with RFE etc.

Truely my experience and opinions. Other gurus can reflect more and correct me if needed.

Experience letters are reqd. And the letter should have all the skills mentioned in the labor u are going to substitute. Also these skills must be prior to the data the orignal labor was filed.