I-140 and 3 year Degree

usgcman

Registered Users (C)
I am about to file my I-140 through my Current Employer A.I am having a 3 year (B.sc) degree in India plus PGDCA course which was not considered as a course in USA for educational evaluation.

My part 14 of ETA 750 requires a Master Degree**
** (in part 15) - In lieu of a masters degree or the equivalent plus one year experience, the individual may possess a Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in one of the fields noted plus three years of experience.

During the H1 transfer to my current employer in 2002 April, I have an RFE from Nebraska Service Center to submit credential evaluation.My attorney did my credential evaluation along with my experiences (7 years) to prove that I have a US equivalent Bachelor's degreee in computer information systems.My 3 year BSc degree was considered as three years of coursework towards a US Bachelor's degree.My education plus three years of my work experience was considered as equivalent to Bachelor's degree in US. Then my remaining experience (4 yrs) was considered as an actual experience. NSC approved my H1 transfer upon response to the RFE towards my credential evaluation.

Since I am going to file my 140 in NSC, should I anticipate any RFE to my 140? I hope my previous RFE to my H1 transfer should justify already that I have degree equal to US Bachelors and supported by LC certified by US DOL.

Any one experienced similar situation? please advise.

Do not go with this labor ...

Apply for a fresh one and ask Ur attorney to tailor make a labor for U.

It is taking such a small time for labor & any way one has to wait long long time @ 485 stage.

Any updates

usgcman,

I'm in the same loop. I've a 3 year degree from India and applying to NSC for I140. How is your case going? Any updates would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Ashok.

Ashok,

Please post ETA 14 and 15 details? then it will help toi give an idea.

Thanks,

dmashok said:
usgcman,

I'm in the same loop. I've a 3 year degree from India and applying to NSC for I140. How is your case going? Any updates would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Ashok.

My sister has a similar situation.

My sister has a 4 degree from overseas of which 1 yr was an acedemic for-credit intrernship (part of the program). She did an evaluation from World Education Services which certifys that her degree is equivalent to a BS here in the states, however she has been credited only for 96 hrs. Not sure why they didnt award her credit for the 1 yr Intership protion. We are currently in the process of finding that out but its pain communicating with WES. Her I-140 was recently rejected by USCIS with the reason that BS degrees here in the US are atleast 120 credit hrs and she only has 96 hrs. She has been working here on H1B for the past 3 yrs and has about 5 yrs of experience from Overseas.

Has anyone been in similar situation and successfully appealed or litigated a similar case? (where the I-140 was rejected for education unequivalency)

If you have been in similar situation or familiar with any such case ?
can you please share yours expereice ? any Advice?

Thanks for your help.