I-134 Question

JawadAlam

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Right now I am waiting for my Packet 4. And collecting the required documents for the interview.
While reading through most of the threads, specifically in the the list of docs to carry to the consulate, I need to carry I-134 (Affidavit of Support) for my wife.

As of now I am living in India for the past 1 year and dont have any current bank accounts in the US. That way I would not be able to fill out some parts of the form (Section 7) which talks about Deposits in US banks.

Or is it necessary to have active US bank Accounts ? I drew a US salary till I was in the USA, and since I was transferred offshore I am paid a Indian Salary

Any thoughts ?...
:confused:

JawadAlam said:
Hi,

Right now I am waiting for my Packet 4. And collecting the required documents for the interview.
While reading through most of the threads, specifically in the the list of docs to carry to the consulate, I need to carry I-134 (Affidavit of Support) for my wife.

As of now I am living in India for the past 1 year and dont have any current bank accounts in the US. That way I would not be able to fill out some parts of the form (Section 7) which talks about Deposits in US banks.

Or is it necessary to have active US bank Accounts ? I drew a US salary till I was in the USA, and since I was transferred offshore I am paid a Indian Salary

Any thoughts ?...
:confused:

In employment categories the fact that you would have a permanent
job, forms the primary basis of support for your dependents. The I-134
is secondary and just confirms that you are agreeing to support them.

In your case you can just mention whatever deposits you have in an
Indian Bank and it may be a good idea to take a statement of deposits
from such bank, to show if they ask for it.

Raju