• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I-134: Is this compulsory?

KiwiNZ

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,

I am a DV2006 winner in the Oceania region. I've just been going through the checklist of what documents I will need to present at the interview but I'm not sure about one form - the I-134.

It looks like this form has to be filled out by a U.S citizen but I don't know anybody over there who could possibly complete a form like this one for me. Is there any other way that we can prove we won't be a public charge, without having to use this particular form?

Thanks in advance.

KiwiNZ said:
Hi there,

I am a DV2006 winner in the Oceania region. I've just been going through the checklist of what documents I will need to present at the interview but I'm not sure about one form - the I-134.

It looks like this form has to be filled out by a U.S citizen but I don't know anybody over there who could possibly complete a form like this one for me. Is there any other way that we can prove we won't be a public charge, without having to use this particular form?

Thanks in advance.
You can show money on your bank account or signed job offer from USA.

Yup, the best and the most easy way to do it is to show the cash in your bank account.

I post this info on other forum, but I can post it here again.
This is how they calculate it.

Let's say the minimun requirement for liguid asset (cash or eguivalent ONLY) is $16000.

You have $3000 in cash plus $1000 stock in current market value (both are considered as liguid asset).
You also have a house which has a current market value at $30,000
So you have $3000 + $1000 + $30,000 = $34,000 in total value.
Are you qualified? NO NO NO
Anything other than liguid asset must be 5 times the value of liguid asset.

In this case you will need

$3000 (cash) + $1000 (stock) + 5 X ($16,000-$3,000 - $1,000) = $64,000 to be qualified.

If you have very little cash and your house or land doen't have enough market value to be qualified, then you need to find other ways to qualify it.

is this compulsory?

First, are u single or married? If u are single (no wife, no children) u dont need to fill that form, that is, u dont need a sponsor. But if u are married, and u want to go with ur family. u definitely need a sponsor.

Like it's been explained, u either get a sponsor (us citizen or legal resident) or u have enough money in a bank account that u will have to tender during ur interview.

BEst of luck

My girlfriend from Poalnd won the lottery. I am currently working in the US on an H1-B Visa.

My Questions:
1. Can I be her sponsor and provide an I134 for her or does it have to be a US Citizen or a Green card holder.

2. Can more than two people be sponsors for her. My friend who is a greencard holder also wants to provide her with sponsorship.

Would appreciate your advice.

since u are a legal resident in US, u can sponsor her. Your friend can as well sponsor her. But i gues your girlfriend is single, if she's coming alone she does'nt even need a sponsor afterall.