I-131 Reentry Permit application initial response time

Is there anyone currently waiting for USCIS's initial response on a I-131 Reentry Permit application? Are you experiencing much longer response time than your same application filing in past, possibly due to COVID-19? My application was delivered to USCIS Phoenix filling office on Nov 23 by FedEx. I asked for expedite processing in my application with a compelling reason. Since then it's been more than two weeks now but I haven't received their initial receipt letter yet. The check enclosed in the application for the fee payment has not been processed on the bank account either. In my past experience several times on the Reentry Permit application, USCIS usually mailed out the initial receipt letter in three business days from the filing date, and the check was process on the bank account on the next day. I need to travel back to my home country by the end of December but I can't schedule it without hearing anything from USCIS. I don't even know if my application was successfully filed or not. /Hiro

People in other forums have waited for months this year for form i131 for REP, even just for biometrics. I wasn’t aware an expedited processing was available?

SusieQQQ, thank you for sharing the info. That's very good to know for me. I followed the general instruction (for ordinary time) given on USCIS web site to ask for the expedite processing. I now understood I can't expect anything with the request this year. I'll rework on my travel plan.

FYI USCIS processing times website is listing up to 8 months for current processing times on re-entry permits, with the receipt date for a case enquiry currently sitting at April 2020 for Nebraska Service Center and at July 2020 for Texas Service Center.

That explains. Then, it seems my FedEx envelop is in the 8-month long queue at USCIS to be opened and get the initial receipt notification sent out first. Thank you for the info again.

That explains. Then, it seems my FedEx envelop is in the 8-month long queue at USCIS to be opened and get the initial receipt notification sent out first. Thank you for the info again.
No! The receipt should come earlier. The processing time is until the document is issued (or denied). Seems for many people decisions are taking a few weeks currently.

I found on USCIS Case Status website the following new message - "As of March 17, 2021, fingerprints relating to your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, Receipt Number LINxxxxxxxx, have been applied to your case." though I haven't got biometric appointment on my filing this time with the received date: Nov 23, 2020. Does this mean that they reuse my biometrics taken for my past USCIS application so I don't need to wait for biometric appointment for filing this time?