I-131 question confusion

mehuln

Registered Users (C)
I am filing for I-131 for alien relative(spouse), My spouse is on EAD (EB3) and have used AP
i have a confusion while filling up I-131 as i am filing her under FB category

on part 2: should i be selecting
1. I am permanent resident or conditional resident of USA and applying for reentry permit
or
I am applying for AP document to allow me to return to USA after temp foreign travel

MY wife is filling up I-131 for FB category. she is currently on EAD and AP ( EB3 based)

We have question on I-131 part 3(4) Processing Information

Should we be filling this information s just right above it says skip to Part & if you are applying for AP document

4. Have you ever been issue re-entry permit or refugee travel document
Should we select yes as she has got AP for EB3 based or here the re-entry means something different

If we need to fill 3(4) than i guess we need to also fill 3.5(a) as it would still be a part of part 3 and than we should eb skipping part 4 ,5 and 6 and go to part 7

am i guessing right ?

Thanks

AP is not the same thing as reentry permit or refugee travel document, although all three have the same I-131 application form.

So if you were to answer that question, the answer should be NO. But the same page says you should skip to part 7 if you're applying for Advance Parole, so do that and leave part 4 blank.

Last edited by a moderator: