I-131 expedite request denied

JennyShan

My dad was diagnosed with advanced stomach cancer recently, so I filed an expedite request for I-131. However they denied my request because they don’t think it’s an emergency. My own father is dying and this might be the last chance I can see him, but this is not an emergency, they say.

Ironically, the field office transferred my case to NBC on Thursday 01/06/2022, and they made the decision right next day. How can they just deny a request like this so quickly and so ruthlessly?

I don’t understand.

I don’t know what to do right now. My father doesn’t have too much time to live. As I am typing this, my heat is bleeding, I am loosing the hope of my life…

You could try to get an appointment in person at the local USCIS office to apply for Emergency Advance Parole. That's different from regular AP application.

What status are you currently on?

You could try to get an appointment in person at the local USCIS office to apply for Emergency Advance Parole. That's different from regular AP application.

What status are you currently on?
I went to my local USCIS office. And they said they don’t make decision no more, so they transferred my case to National Benefit Center. Only one day later they denied my case saying it’s not an absolute emergency.

I am waiting for my green card, which is also taking forever
You didn't answer the question. The fact that you have a pending Adjustment of Status application does not mean anything about whether you still have a existing nonimmigrant status. A pending application does not affect your nonimmigrant status, so you might still have whatever status you had. Or, you could be out of your existing nonimmigrant status due to the status expiring, due to you no longer satisfying the requirements of the status (e.g. not studying on F1 or not working on H1b), due to you using an EAD to work outside what is allowed by that status, due to you having entered the US on Advance Parole previously, etc. The question is do you currently still have H1b, H4, L1, or L2 status?

You didn't answer the question. The fact that you have a pending Adjustment of Status application does not mean anything about whether you still have a existing nonimmigrant status. A pending application does not affect your nonimmigrant status, so you might still have whatever status you had. Or, you could be out of your existing nonimmigrant status due to the status expiring, due to you no longer satisfying the requirements of the status (e.g. not studying on F1 or not working on H1b), due to you using an EAD to work outside what is allowed by that status, due to you having entered the US on Advance Parole previously, etc. The question is do you currently still have H1b, H4, L1, or L2 status?
No. I currently don’t hold H1b, H4, L1 or L2 Right now