I 130 tranferred from VSC to CSC.

baltimoredude1

Hello

I am married to a US citizen and living in Baltimore, MD. We filed for I 130 to Vermont on April of this year. They sent me a receipt notice stating the application was received on April 24th and the notice was printed out on April 30th. On Nov 10th which is approximately six months after filing our case with VSC, we got a mail from them notifying us the case was transferred to CSC stating the reason for transfer is that office (CSC) has jurisdiction over the case. I have couple of questions. Did VSC do that because they lack in man power? As of today(Nov 14th) VSC is processing I 130 cases filed on or before February 26th, 2008; while CSC is processing cases filed on or before August 31st 2008. As far as I understand VSC did not even start looking at my case before transferring to CSC. So now will the CSC location start looking at my case along with the ones they are looking that have been filed on or before August 31st 2008 and considering the fact that I filed it at VSC on way before August 31st or are they going to put it on effect as if the case was filed on Nov 5th which means back to square one increasing our waiting time. In the new receipt notice generated from VSC it states the receipt date as April 30th 2008 while the notice date Nov 5th 2008 and on the Notice Type : Transfer Notice.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello

In the new receipt notice generated from VSC it states the receipt date as April 30th 2008 while the notice date Nov 5th 2008 and on the Notice Type : Transfer Notice.

Thank you

I would like to know the answer, too. I changed my address and today I received an email (for the 1st time!) that my case has been transferred from VSC to the respective office which should be CSC. Infact, the links for my cases are not working anymore! When I click on the case, nothing happens, so I presume my file is on its way to someplace. But then I filed in July and CSC is at Aug 31, could that mean I will receive an IL as soon as my file gets there?:confused: Wishful thinking.:p