I-130 Residence Question

VictoriaTsi

Hi, I was hoping somebody might be able to help with quite a unique situation.

My husband and I got married April 2018 in the US, he is British and I am American. We live in the UK as I holds dual citizenship (my father was Greek and my mother American) We got married in New York and are looking to move there as soon as possible. We are aware of the process so have started on the I-130 form, the confusion we have is down to my place of residence. Although I have lived in the UK since 2014, I work as a freelance publicist with most of my clients being American, therefore last year I filed and paid taxes in the states as a sole proprietor with a W9 form as apposed to a W8EN. We are concerned with how this might affect our application for the I0130. The plan was to file in London, as we know it is quicker but not sure if this tax situation could become problematic? I was wondering if anyone had had a similar experience or advice? Should we be consulting with a lawyer to be sure? I believe the problem boils down to the fact that I live in the UK but work remotely via my computer as my work is in the US and I travel there quite frequently still. Thank you for any help or advice