I-130 Receipt Notice

Bushmaster

Registered Users (C)
Well, I see there are people who get their I-130 approval in such short amount of time. (Congratulations Diavon, was that family based? In CSC, the I-130 are backlogged to 09/10/01 and your situation is a miracle)

I wonder if the notice on the receipt of I-130 matches their actual approval... our I-130 filed 7 months ago, and the notice says 225-255 days to make a decision... Is this information correct?

Also my attorney filed an "EXPEDITE REQUEST" for an emergent situation. Does that count for I-130 petitions? It's filed at Nebraska SC.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm sorry to ask you, but why did you need a lawyer to expedite
your application. can you do it by yourself?

We had our lawyer since the beginning, he filed everything for us, and I am sure otherwise is possible, too. I mean you can file everything on your own, it doesn't need a lawyer. I have an emergent situation, I need my I-130 approved asap to be able to stay in US.

As far as I know, the stated # of days on the CSC I-130 receipt is for any type of I-130 (spouse, child, sibling, etc), not for your individual type of I-130. I filed my I-130 for my wife at CSC mid April 2002, received approval July 15 2002. This included a 3 week delay due to an RFE, I answered a question as "N/A" instead of "None". One disclaimer, I originally filed for a K-1 for my wife at CSC in November and was approved. I decided to abandon the case as we wanted to get married overseas. I included by K-1 approval notice with my I-130, so the CSC officers might have been able to take some administrative shortcuts due to my prior approval at CSC for the same beneficiary.

omer

What I wonder is if those number of days are correct on the receipt? Should we expect something by the end of that term...?

In my receipt notice from CSC, they said it takes between 815-825 days to process such cases (I-130). The voice message also said the same thing. I think the time estimations by CSC are bull shit. They just give those time frames to fend off questions by applicants. It actually takes much shorter. Me and someone else I know got our 130s approved from CSC in less than 4 months.

Look at this situation,

Receipt says 225-255 days
Voice message says 120-180 days
Live agent says I-130 from January 2002 are being processed
Internet sites say I-130 from March 2002 are being processed

Hopeless hopeless

I need the I-130 approved before Oct 10, I am in the removal proceedings...

Wow! I have never met a person who 1) was in removal proceedings by the INS. 2) was from South Dakota. Why are you being removed? What is your current visa status or what was it before you went out of status? And what the hell is an immigrant doing in S. Dakota?

If your situation is that dire, ask your congressman or senator to make a few calls. That always works. If your wife is a US citizen ask her to contact the senator or congressman's office. Also call the live agent again in NSC and tell her that you want to fax something to an adjudicating officer. Get a fax number. Send a fax, asking the status on your case. It might make them look at it and realise that they are late in adjudicating it.

Originally posted by diavon
Also call the live agent again in NSC and tell her that you want to fax something to an adjudicating officer. Get a fax number. Send a fax, asking the status on your case. It might make them look at it and realise that they are late in adjudicating it.

Diavon, thanks for your response... There are a couple forums that people really care and try help out others...

I came across ILW.com's discussion board and asked questions about the same thing and have been attacked and blamed for not being able to maintain my student status... anyway...

My wife lives in South Dakota so do I, it's a nice place, quiet and peaceful...

SD State Representative is following the case since April. The I-130 filed in January. I appeared before immigration court and the judge put it off till October to see if it is approved by then. Well, the receipt says 225-255 days. 225 days is Sept 10 and 255 days is October 10 which is my court date... :)

I'll keep your advice in mind and talk to our state rep. about it and will try to get a hold of the adjudications officer. The only thing worries me is if NSC purposely ignoring the I-130 just to get me removed.

Yes, I was put into removal proceedings for overstaying. Just before getting married Sept 11 happened and the lawyer called INS on me suspecting being a terrorist. I am a pilot... well, God's plan and everything will be resolved in his time and under his control...

Thank you again for replying...

God Bless and good luck with your process...

I-130

Hi

My mother Applied for I-130 in Dec 2001 from TSC (Family based). i m here on H1B
i have some questions.

1. How much time it will take to approve?

2. Can i apply for EDA after aproval of i-130 besides i-485

3. How long it will take to get my GC.

thanks

code002

Hey Bushmaster,

Any updates on your I 130 approval? Hope it gets approved soon.

I don't think the INS can order any one removed with a pending petition.

Keep me posted.

Thanks

Sachin

Last edited by a moderator:
BUSHMASTER

How can you even tolerate to be on the discussion board mentioned by you. 70% of the posts are by tb and the gang.