I-130 help

Rahuldip

Registered Users (C)
Hello there,

I'm a US citizen father. I just received my citizenship thru Greencard. I filed for my son in Aug,2001
unmarried and received a notice (Dec 27, 2004)yesterday (i-797, notice of action) saying that the patition has been approved. NOw..
1) what should be my next action?
2) Should I file I-824 now to let the CIS know about my citizenship?
or do i need to file I 485?
I heard that my citizenship can help my son to get to US faster. Do I need to do anything to change his file status so the CIS knows that when my i filed for my son i was a permanent resident and Now i have become a US citizen.
any help will be appreciated. should i be taking any lawyer's help?

Thank you,

Deepak Rana.

You have to upgrade your case. SUbmit a copy of your Naturalization Certificate. Otherwise it will be unexplainable for INS the reason why you file 485. Talk to your local office and find out. They will either direct you to the Service center where you initially filed 130, and will make you submit everything there or do everything at the local office and they will forward afterwards.
No matter waht though you have to upgarde your filling status as a sponsor before filing whatsoever.

I-824,nebrasca-HELP

does anybody know how long does it take for I-824 to be approved?!..My I-130 has been approved on Sept. 2nd 2004, date of receival for I-824 is sept.15th,2004?!?!?!What is the next step after I-824 is approved?!?......