I-130 Help Required

mpacnj

Registered Users (C)
I am in India and my husband is in NJ.
He has to file my I-130 and I can't understand somethings about it.
Please help.

1. I understand that the G-325 A has to go with the I-130 at the time of application. Now how many G-325A forms have to be sent.
Is is two? One for me and one for my husband?
Would that mean, a total of 8 pages, 4 about me and 4 about my husband?

2. I think my husband would be the applicant and I would be the beneficiary. So where do I sign on the G-325A. Because it requires the applicant's signature everywhere!!

3. What all in the G-325A has to have information about me? It only wants the applicant's information everywhere!!!

4. What has to done about all this, and also tell me, if it must have my sign anywhere, the only option i have is, to download the forms here in India, sign them and send them. Is that right?

5. I changed my name after marriage,which means that I made an affidavit and submitted to the Magistrate before he made my marriage certificate. So my marriage certificate has my post marriage name (not maiden anywhere) and I don't have that affidavit, its submitted with the registrar. The passport, etc. everything is in my maiden name. So what name must I use while filing the I-130 etc. forms? Which as the main name, which as other name used?

Everybody help pls.

mpacnj,
The instructions on this page: http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/Appproc.htm, clearly say that you need to file "Two completed and signed G-325A’s (one for you and one for your spouse)". A person filling out G-325A is the Applicant, which means on one G-325A you would be the Applicant, on the other one - your husband.
I guess, that's what you need to do - to print the application, sign it and send it to your husband.
As for your name, on I-130 you should use your current name, the name you got after your marriage. That's what your marriage certificate shows, right? And, I think, you should change your passport to show your new name. I am not sure if you need to put your maiden name in "Other names used". It doesn't say "including maiden name".

mpacnj said:
I am in India and my husband is in NJ.
He has to file my I-130 and I can't understand somethings about it.
Please help.

1. I understand that the G-325 A has to go with the I-130 at the time of application. Now how many G-325A forms have to be sent.
Is is two? One for me and one for my husband?
Would that mean, a total of 8 pages, 4 about me and 4 about my husband?

2. I think my husband would be the applicant and I would be the beneficiary. So where do I sign on the G-325A. Because it requires the applicant's signature everywhere!!

3. What all in the G-325A has to have information about me? It only wants the applicant's information everywhere!!!

4. What has to done about all this, and also tell me, if it must have my sign anywhere, the only option i have is, to download the forms here in India, sign them and send them. Is that right?

5. I changed my name after marriage,which means that I made an affidavit and submitted to the Magistrate before he made my marriage certificate. So my marriage certificate has my post marriage name (not maiden anywhere) and I don't have that affidavit, its submitted with the registrar. The passport, etc. everything is in my maiden name. So what name must I use while filing the I-130 etc. forms? Which as the main name, which as other name used?

Everybody help pls.

Look at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=examples for examples...