I-130 for Sibling- How Long Does USCIS Take to Approve Petition

ejazharoon

Registered Users (C)
I filed an I-130 - Petition for Alien Relative with the Texas Service Center for my sister in June. I received a receipt mid-July stating that the petition had been received. When I checked on the USCIS website today it said that the USCIS will mail me a decision as soon as processing is complete.

I believe that the USCIS has to approve the petition and then it goes to the NVC where the wait for a visa begins.

Does anyone know how long the USCIS takes to make a decision on the petition? Thanks!

My wife petitioned for her sisters 3 years ago.

Received: February 7, 2003
Priority date: February 7, 2003
Arroved: September 23, 2005
Letter from NVC to her sisters' country: October 2005

Nowadays the schedule may be different.

lazybug said:
My wife petitioned for her sisters 3 years ago.

Received: February 7, 2003
Priority date: February 7, 2003
Arroved: September 23, 2005
Letter from NVC to her sisters' country: October 2005

Nowadays the schedule may be different.

Thanks Lazybug, I assume your wife's sisters were not residing in the US at the time of petition and that you filed the petition with a USCIS Service Center.

The issue I have is that the receipt notice from USCIS does not have a priority date, and it appears that the petition will have to be approved by USCIS before it is assigned a priority date and sent to the NVC to wait for an available visa. Is that how it was in your case?

I have typed a long message. But, during "submit reply" it was gone. :(
---------------------------------------------------------------------

1) My wife's sisters were and are in their country.

2) I-130 petitions were sent to CSC in Feburary 2003.

3) The INS receipt notice said it "usually takes 815 to 825 days to process ..." and no priority date. So, my wife was sad 'cause she thought that she will not get priority date until the case got processed. My wife signed up INS online account. Later the case status even changed to "990 to 999 days". My wife got more sad.

4) In September 2005 my wife suddenly got approvd notice in email first, then letter in mail with priority date same as "received date -- Feb 7, 2003".

5) In October 2005 my wife's sisters received letter from NVC and since then have been waiting for their GC visa.

how long NVC take now?

Hello I am Ashish from India. I just wanted to ask that my grand mother filled an I130 form for my mother and our family(including me, my brother and my father) in 2006 but due to some change in address problem my grand mother didn't received any letter from uscis due to which the case was closed in april 2010. We again applied for the case on April 3, 2012 and we didn't received any response but after calling the uscis they demanded for the time period of 15 days and after 15 days we received a letter that your case has been approved but is not sent to the NVC and asked us to wait for 30 days more for the reception of another letter however that time period is going on. But being impatient we called them and asked about our case status and they said that your case has been forwarded to NVC. I wanted to ask that how much time they will take to give us an interview date and will our previous denied case processing years will be counted in the new case? Please help