I-130 Experiences/Help

frustrated_alot

Registered Users (C)
Okay, i know this is not the right board but i know that there are those out there who have or are filing I-130's for their other halves. Can we get a thread for that here, please?:)

But I am sure there are people here in citizenship forum who have experienced this and been through all these issues. If some one can please help us and explaine the steps. Family base GC goes alot before the citizenship documentation but at this stage with need some more straight forward direction.

Any help will be much appreciated. In the meantime I will post some info that I have about this.

I recently went through I-130/CP for a parent. Not quite the same as a spouse, but similar in most ways.

Based on VisaJourney.com information provided on the website:

Briefly, the K3/K4 process is as follows:

A. The US Citizen files an I-130 petition for the foreign spouse.
B. USCIS (INS) issues a receipt (I-797) acknowledging filing of the I-130 petition.
C. The US Citizen files an I-129F petition, using the I-797 receipt as "proof of filing an immigrant petition". All children of the foreign spouse will be listed on this petition. The I-129F is sent to the Service Center where the underlying I-130 petition is currently pending. At this point, the "track" of the K3/K4 process becomes similar to the current processing for K1/K2 fiance(e) visa.
D. When the petition is approved, it is sent to the NVC for processing and then the appropriate Consulate is notified and processing for the K3/K4 non-immigrant visa is begun, including medical, police check, I-134 affidavit of support, and Consular interview. The fee will be the same as the current K1 fiance(e) visa.
E. The K3 visa is issued to the spouse, the K4 to the minor children, they go to the United States.
F. The K3 spouse and K4 children file the I-485 for Adjustment of Status, either immediately or when the I-130 petition is approved. The new K visa will be issued for an effective period of 2 years, with multiple entries permitted, and provision to extend the visa beyond 2 years. The State Department has indicated that in K3/K4 cases, that the USCIS (INS) will retain the approved I-130 petition. This means if he K3/K4 visa holder wishes to obtain an immigrant visa at a Consulate, they need to notify that Consulate to begin the process, after which the Consulate will request the approved I-130 petition from the USCIS (INS). The USCIS (INS) seems to expect that most K3/K4 folks will apply for AOS from inside the United States, but due to long processing times at some local offices, it is very possible some folks will wish to opt for Consular processing after they arrive in the United States.
Note about the I-130 approval - In some cases the I-130 may be approved prior to the K-3 being processed. There are certain advantages if this happens such as receiving an Immigrant Visa instead of a K3. Please read the IR1/CR1 Guide if your I-130 is approved during the K3 Process to find out what you can do.

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k3k4visa-outline.html

Too just correct myself about information in my first post, I-129F goes to The Service Center where the underlying I-130 petition is currently pending. Use the address listed on your most recent receipt notice or transfer notice and include a copy of that notice with your Form I-129F.
This is only for K3.

Regular CP follows these approximate steps:

- Submit I-130 to service center
- Receive I-130 approval. Case forwarded to NVC
- I-864 fee bill
- Beneficiary nominates an agent
- Request to complete I-864
- DS-230 fee bill
- Request to complete DS-230
- Case forwarded to consulate
- Consulate schedules interview
- Beneficiary undergoes medical and attends interview
- Immigrant visa issued
- Arrive in US on immigrant visa. Receive GC in 2-3 weeks.

This is all very useful for me, thank you, since I am only in the citizenship process I only have been searching through this section. I have visited the Family based GC section and have found great help.

Frustrated alot, I didn't realize that the long delay with your N400 was even more frustrating b/c your husband is waiting. I hope it goes well for you both, and keep us posted. Look at my dates, and this is my second time applying for N400, I hope to get it and bring my husband here as well.

This is all very useful for me, thank you, since I am only in the citizenship process I only have been searching through this section. I have visited the Family based GC section and have found great help.

Frustrated alot, I didn't realize that the long delay with your N400 was even more frustrating b/c your husband is waiting. I hope it goes well for you both, and keep us posted. Look at my dates, and this is my second time applying for N400, I hope to get it and bring my husband here as well.

Hi,
Yep, i have been waiting to get my husband here quickly, now we are stuck in the frontlog with reciepting delays. :eek:. Go figure. Oh well. Atleast, i know that it wont' take five years for him to be here. I hope that your citizenship comes through quickly. I have already mailed the I-130 application to Vermont. I don't think i will be doing th I-129f. I do not want him to get stuck in the I485 name check. I want him to be here and be able to work. My sister's husband came on the fiance visa. They got married, filed adjustment of status. They had to have a correction on his greencard. They sent it back since April, they have not heard back since. I want things to be very simple and straightforward with USCIS. We will do the Consular processing. Right now, they are working on My 14th of 2007 applications. 7 or 8 months is fine for me.Good luck to you.:)

this is very good for all of us, I am still waiting for my receipt for N-400 and I am hopeing to get it soon.
We will share experience with eachother till we get somewhere.
Thank you guys

as am i, i have filed i-130 for my wife and son already, i am waiting for my naturalization so i can upgrade them, and they are in canada where we will most likely finish with consular processing.

as am i, i have filed i-130 for my wife and son already, i am waiting for my naturalization so i can upgrade them, and they are in canada where we will most likely finish with consular processing.

Well, good luck to you, i wish us all a speedy finish. When you sent yours in, did you send addition evidence. I know i did not need to but i sent in copies of phone cards, copies of pictures, our engagement ceremony invitation and a birth certificate of our daughter. :)

i did not send additional info, just marriage cert, son birth cert, and whatever else required. we do not have much other stuff, if requested we have 6 years of pictures, scrap books or whatever they want but i wasnt going to send that in right now.

they will ask for those in consular in your country.

After citizenship everything should be smooth. I hope.

I also think it is quite smooth once we obtain citizenship I hope we all get it in a timely manner! I think filing the I-130 before citizenship may be better because we only have to upgrade our applications later. I may consider filing the I-129F only if the processing dates change, in CSC the dates for I-129F and I-130 are about the same.

Is it possible to expedite processing for I-129F? Onw way the other I will do it to make sure my wife will be here. We are both sick and tired of these situation.
Uhhhh...... Like this

I do not know of expediting the I-129F. The I-129F can be filed once you are a citizen and is supposed to offer a faster way to reunite a family, but at the CSC it's processing time is longer than the I-130? This could change so check back when you are naturalized.

I know how difficult it is, my husband and I have been married 5 years and he is still not here. We have a child together and it really sucks being a single mother over here.

I am really sorry for you. My wife and I have been married for 4 year (still one less than you guys) no kids, but she is in her country that women have no rights what so ever and it is not a good situation. I am hopeing this processings will be over soon and we can join our families.
Have you read anything in a new website? I am still searching.